Robbery at my place in Richmond/Twickenham Wednesday night!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Boss

MB Enthusiast
Car
private!
Gents/Ladies..

Had a break in at my place in Richmond/Twickenham last night...

Broke in at 8pm, smashed the triple glazed windows to pieces, got away with my partners entire jewelery draw and few other sentimental possessions :(

Just to be aware, that there has been one more robbery in the area in recent days.

Policed arrived within 5 minutes as its linked to 24 monitoring, but they were long gone.. seems targeted as they went straight for the draw that had the possessions.

They took the draw with them can you believe it!

The also damaged the exterior rear lights on our e220 cdi....

the *******s!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

That's terrible, apart from the losses I cannot imagine how people get over the feeling of insecurity in their own home.

Sorry to hear about this - especially as its in my locale.

Must have been skilled use of a centre punch to break that glass quietly.

Consider laminated glass for its replacement so they'll have to really fight to get in even once the glass has shattered.

So who could have known where the jewelery was (or was it in an obvious place?)

So sorry to hear this fella. At least no-one was hurt.

defo no cricket bats involved...

we had left just 15 mins before for ikea..

That's terrible, apart from the losses I cannot imagine how people get over the feeling of insecurity in their own home.

defo... up at my place in stanmore, have had 3 breakins..

its just the loss of private space that has got us worried as its the first time for our place in west london...

partner was tearful, both for loss and also the invasion of the home..

They used brute force - you did nothing wrong apart from not consider a proper bolt down safe.

Have you had any contractors in recently who could have cased the house ?

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt - possessions can be replaced, memories will replace the sentimental pieces.

how did they know where to look then? thats what would be worrying me most.....

Sorry to hear about this - especially as its in my locale.

Must have been skilled use of a centre punch to break that glass quietly.

Consider laminated glass for its replacement so they'll have to really fight to get in even once the glass has shattered.

So who could have known where the jewelery was (or was it in an obvious place?)

It was not in the obvious place as its semi hidden... so this makes us think that some one knew....

yes we are having laminate toughened replacement on all the doors and we are gonna look at laminate sheeting to line the inside of all the windows to the ground floor...

The hit must have been really hard...

i mean in the 80s as a child my parents place has massive double sliding doors, some were 5m wide..

Anyhow, i was playing golf in the garden with airflow balls and accidentally let go of the club.. it went flying in the air and struck one of their panes, and it didnt smash, but wobbled big time..

I mean a flying golf club has alot of energy and it didnt break..

so since then i never though double glazed could be smashed, but obviously now i know otherwise...

Southall shop fitters are gonna look at the replacements as they give us the best deals generally on our commercial stuff...

and more so, they managed to damage the beading, which makes a clean repair difficult..

worryingly, the outdoor sensor lights all have stopped working, but the bulbs are intact.. could they have damaged the sensors with magnets or something.. its what my partner thinks may have happened.. as they were recently installed!!

They used brute force - you did nothing wrong apart from not consider a proper bolt down safe.

Have you had any contractors in recently who could have cased the house ?

Glad to hear that nobody was hurt - possessions can be replaced, memories will replace the sentimental pieces.

we have the type of safe you mention, the stuff was out only recently to deal with wedding planning

nope no contractors, apart from my tenant in edgware who did external building work, and he was never alone inside at any point, and when he was, it was only in the kitchen or bathroom...

Very sorry to hear this, hope you recover from the upset soon.

Very sorry to hear this, hope you recover from the upset soon.

Im sure all will be fine..

More worried about the other half as she is in and out of there everyday, often alone, whilst im often up in Stanmore or Shropshire..

just the buggers... no blood marks, no finger prints.. just foot prints showing exactly how they entered and where they went.. hence it appeared targetted with no foot prints elsewhere...

More so, we had only just left for ikea.. thus its difficult to feel safe at mo..

Our neighbours are wonderful.. they went round whilst we were out and they dealt with the police and the police waited the 30 mins for us to get back - and by then police had forensics etc..

they dealt with it very well.. insurers got the board up guys round, but it took til 2am for them to arrive, so everyone was tired..
Neighbours were broken into some 7 months ago - they had a car stolen.. from garage... and some personal possessions..

but as most of u all say, its just good no one was hurt...

Lets see what the police make of finding the buggers with foot prints lol..

clearly they were prepared!!

Bad news indeed.

Don't let it spoil what should otherwise be a happy time for you. :)

Really sorry to hear that Boss! My Dad was burgled last year and the intrusion is hard to deal with isn't it. Hope your fiancee is OK and maybe the jewellery will turn up - it does happen some times...

These low lifes really p*** me off!

Really sorry to hear that Boss! My Dad was burgled last year and the intrusion is hard to deal with isn't it. Hope your fiancee is OK and maybe the jewellery will turn up - it does happen some times...

These low lifes really p*** me off!

Cheers Barry..

we have photos of everything anyway, so it is with police now anyway..

Burgled in Wembley? it had a high crime rate, but thought it was quite low in recent times??

she is ok, thanks,

Lets hope so :)

Hows tricks with you? all well?

So when r u next in these ends??

Im quite free mid week next week..

First of all, I'm sorry to hear of you break in. However, due to Security being my business, I'll be happy to advise you on devices or other methods of keeping your property secure in the future. I will give you as much help as I can over the internet or via phone. I'll do this free of charge due to you being an established MB Club forum member. I will do this for free for any established MB club member. I hope this helps you...
Best wishes John

First of all, I'm sorry to hear of you break in. However, due to Security being my business, I'll be happy to advise you on devices or other methods of keeping your property secure in the future. I will give you as much help as I can over the internet or via phone. I'll do this free of charge due to you being an established MB Club forum member. I will do this for free for any established MB club member. I hope this helps you...
Best wishes John

Hi John, thank you for the offer..

We have quite a substantial security system as it stands, but would have no problem assessing further protection.

My email is [email protected]

Please do get in touch

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom