RobMorris 1997 W210 E300 D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RobMorris

Car
W210 E300 TD
Hello gents

Ive just bought my first Mercedes!
Ive had the majority of manufacturers and none have felt right? Fingers crossed i can turn this one around to make it a keeper!

Firstly, have some pics from the seller..

KGrHqUOKpYE4lIvEd9MBOKR-0LDoQ_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKnE4Qt5SKMMBOKRPTyi_12.jpg

KGrHqMOKpoE4mf2BHMZBOKR-9Hlw_12.jpg

KGrHqIOKjgE4gDhbezTBOKRZDL_12.jpg

KGrHqYOKpUE4kQ-BlwSBOKRFHBh_12.jpg

KGrHqUOKkUE4HWGDzh9BOKR-qKvTg_12.jpg

So the first thing that needs attention is the front wings.
What what you recommend?
1-Body shop to repair and paint?
2-New panals - body shop for paint?
3-Replacement 'good' panels from a breaker?

And there is a piece missing in the lower bumper grill - what is that piece called so i can order one up?

Other than that, at this stage, i plan for an in/out deep clean and general tidy up. Id like to colour code the black plastics.
I would like to complete a few modifications, like debadge, pressed plates, facelift front grill, colour coded, stereo equipment, remove the wood look in the cabin. What else would be the norm to change?

Some back ground - i current own a Passat Diesel on Audi alloys (+ General Dub scene modifications), a lot have Mercedes alloys. What is the feeling over this side of the fence for Audi alloys on a Mercedes?

Thanks all

Front panels not hard to replace... rear ones much harder!

I'd go with option 2.

I'd take my car to a good indie (PCS at horndean for example) and have a good look over, to make sure it's a keeper.
Take it you've checked to make sure sub frame is solid, spring perches are solid and other wings/ doors are rust free?...

I'd see what it costs to repair the ones you have, or source solid ones from a breaker. This model of car is great mechanically but the body work, painting and quality of metal Mercedes used to build them from is a joke.

Boot floor especially wheel arch area is another potential rust area...

The missing front panel is the pre-facelift front towing eye cover.

Thanks all for the advice. Il take to a body shop and see what kind of money we are talking about.
Thanks Dichtung - at least I know what im looking for now!

So I attacked the front drivers side arch...
I first grinded out all the rust.
Using POR15 products I cleaned, prepped and painted.
Which looked like this

IMG_0164.jpg

I bought a set of these off ebay

IMG_0165.jpg

painted them up and fitted.
They look 'ok'....Better than before....a tenth the cost at getting them done properlly.

IMG_0188.jpg

You will notice I swapped out the wheels also!

:crazy:

On a positive spin; 10 out of 10 for the toil and wanting to make it look better! :thumb:
So are those stuck on? :eek:

Good effort, they dont look too bad, do you have a picture of the whole car to see how they look

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom