Robotic Lawnmower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fredT

Car
NO MB :-D , X5, Ducati 748sps, Porsche 996GT2
Looking to buy one of these, anyone with experience?

I Like the look at Robomower RC304, really only because it looks to be good at edges so leaves very little for the trimmer.

One of my neighbours has a John Deere one, 'dear', being a reference to the price!

It had some teething problems mainly due to the setting up of the boundary wire, but now it happily beavers away and he seems happy with it. It's been running for 2 summers now and this will be the 3rd - he packs it away for winter.

I just bought a robot vacuum at the weekend and I am impressed with that, so mowers may be the way forward.

S

Yeah they are not cheap, but it would be nice to have a permanently perfect lawn without mowing 2x week :)

Trouble is, you spend the time that you would have been mowing yourself watching the thing whizz about with a smile on your face!

Long term, they are probably worthwhile - with us we have to take the cuttings to a 'decheterie' about 4 miles away that is only open for a few hours a day on certain days. So the robot saves that hassle too as it just trims daily and leaves the minute cuttings on the grass.

Think I am talking myself into one....

S

Holding out for an irobot lawnmower but it's taking a while. We have robot mop and vacuum (with wifi control) and wouldn't be without either. The only thing I enjoy less than mopping is mowing the lawn...

Bobby Dazzler said:
Holding out for an irobot lawnmower but it's taking a while. We have robot mop and vacuum (with wifi control) and wouldn't be without either. The only thing I enjoy less than mopping is mowing the lawn...

Is the mop mower an all in one and if so what one? I have tiles floors through out the ground floor and this sounds the best option?

can you still get good stripes on the lawn using one of these 'bots' or they zig zag around?

Is the mop mower an all in one and if so what one? I have tiles floors through out the ground floor and this sounds the best option?

The mop is an iRobot Braava and the vacuum is an iRobot Roomba. They're separate but you can schedule the vacuum to go first and the mop to follow.

The mop can either do a dry wipe or a wet wipe, and unless the floor is filthy, or there's soil which could "rub" into grout, then the mop/wipe will do a good enough job in most instances without vacuuming first.

You can also get a scrubber which is an iRobot Scooba, but I've resisted so far!

can you still get good stripes on the lawn using one of these 'bots' or they zig zag around?

Some do straight lines, some don't. They don't usually have a roller though so it won't be a clearly visible stripe.

I've just watched the roomba video and now I want one :mad:

Damn you ! Lol

Bobby Dazzler said:
The mop is an iRobot Braava and the vacuum is an iRobot Roomba. They're separate but you can schedule the vacuum to go first and the mop to follow. The mop can either do a dry wipe or a wet wipe, and unless the floor is filthy, or there's soil which could "rub" into grout, then the mop/wipe will do a good enough job in most instances without vacuuming first. You can also get a scrubber which is an iRobot Scooba, but I've resisted so far!

Thanks, Looking into hybrids at the moment.

jotter22 said:
Lol MBclub tips on house work and gardening?......Cmon guys man up:thumb: Tony.

Tony they have a motor and they are a gadget what's wrong with you man ;-)

Robot mower arrived yesterday, looking forward to it taking the strain :)

Just picked my robot mower up and it's put the first cut in..

I like the idea of the Irish Wolfhound to eat the mower operator when the job is done.

parkman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom