Rockauto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They should be. Look for the truck icon when you add the second one to your cart. Double check by checking shipping costs with one or both. It should only rise by a small amount. Doubling indicates different warehouses.

RA's site takes a bit of time to get the hang of (use the 'explainers' by clicking on the icons) but once mastered is easy. Just be prepared to have a few attempts juggling different items in one cart to see the effect of shipping costs from same/different warehouses. Worth getting on top of it when you are ordering additional parts at the same time.
Don't though be lulled into thinking buying from anyone else in the USA is easy. I had a stab at buying tubular headers - £250 for the pair (eat your hearts out AMG guys!) - but shipping was going to be £1200. Don't mind if I don't....
Your spot on in regards to shipping costs rising sharply with two different warehouses, when I went to check out there was a major difference in shipping costs between one strut and the other so will have to tread careful, thanks for the heads up. Another forum member has suggested having them rebuilt which I didn’t think possible in this country, so going to look at that option also, thanks again, Matt.
They should be. Look for the truck icon when you add the second one to your cart. Double check by checking shipping costs with one or both. It should only rise by a small amount. Doubling indicates different warehouses.

RA's site takes a bit of time to get the hang of (use the 'explainers' by clicking on the icons) but once mastered is easy. Just be prepared to have a few attempts juggling different items in one cart to see the effect of shipping costs from same/different warehouses. Worth getting on top of it when you are ordering additional parts at the same time.
Don't though be lulled into thinking buying from anyone else in the USA is easy. I had a stab at buying tubular headers - £250 for the pair (eat your hearts out AMG guys!) - but shipping was going to be £1200. Don't mind if I don't....

Here is a copy of my invoice from RockAuto, Vat @ 20% & shipping. I think the shipping is pretty cheap from the states. I am impressed with their service especially how quickly they answer emails & ship goods.
Part NumberPart TypePrice EACore EAQuantityTotal
No Vehicle Specified
POWER STOP​
Z231669 (Z23-1669)Brake Pad (6813.81.0090)
£ 29.40​
£ 0.00​
1​
£ 29.40​
Shipping​
International Economy
£ 14.37​
VAT (20%)​
# GB 922956503 000
£ 8.76​
Order Total
£ 52.53
PayPal​
-£ 52.54
(-USD$ 73.06)
Balance Due
£ 0.00
Thanks very much for posting that, very much appreciated. I’m also looking at the possibility of getting them rebuilt.

Again, Ant has it spot on. Just go through the process (ie, with delivery address) right up to payment and what you see is what you will pay.

One thing to watch out for. RA are sticklers for everything being correct with payment details or they will reject payment. I came unstuck due to the phone number of my previous address still showing in my bank's data (when I moved house and informed the bank the new tel# was at that point unavailable and rather than have an empty 'box' they left the old number in it). Thinking it was an address mis-match I tried a few more times and on the fifth attempt was shut down.
Thanks for the heads up, dot the 👁 and cross the ☕️ Cheers Matt.

Here is the uk rebuild service info....

Attachments

• EBDD57C6-7863-41C1-A002-D5AD2B92512B.png
    EBDD57C6-7863-41C1-A002-D5AD2B92512B.png
    315.7 KB · Views: 3
Here is the uk rebuild service info....
Thanks, I’ve just spoken to them, and he said they don’t and do not recommend rebuilding my airmatic struts. Cheers Matt.

Decided to go with the bilstein strut from rockauto in the end, shipped over by FedEx, just shy of £700 all in, del by next wed, will order the other side if all goes well, as there wasn’t to much difference in shipping as I think they were coming from different warehouses. Will report when package arrives, something to look forward to as my daughter has just tested pos for COVID, and we are stuck in for 10days.

Decided to go with the bilstein strut from rockauto in the end, shipped over by FedEx, just shy of £700 all in, del by next wed, will order the other side if all goes well, as there wasn’t to much difference in shipping as I think they were coming from different warehouses. Will report when package arrives, something to look forward to as my daughter has just tested pos for COVID, and we are stuck in for 10days.
Not sure of the time scale but RA will likely e-mail you a discount code - which you can use against the second strut.

Not sure of the time scale but RA will likely e-mail you a discount code - which you can use against the second strut.
Thanks for that, looks like it’s going to be del tomorrow, not bad as I only ordered it on wed at noon. I noticed I have been charged 2.99% on my card though, still a a pretty good deal, maybe I should have used PayPal?

Thanks for that, looks like it’s going to be del tomorrow, not bad as I only ordered it on wed at noon. I noticed I have been charged 2.99% on my card though, still a a pretty good deal, maybe I should have used PayPal?
I've never seen that. I use a debit card (I know I shouldn't but it is the only internet purchasing I use it for and don't allow the details to be stored) and never see an additional charge. Don't PayPal charge a fee?

I've never seen that. I use a debit card (I know I shouldn't but it is the only internet purchasing I use it for and don't allow the details to be stored) and never see an additional charge. Don't PayPal charge a fee?
Yeah, I used a debit card as I’ve had issues with my PayPal password in the past and didn’t want any hiccups with this transaction. I think the charge has something to do with Sterling to dollars exchange, looks like from what I’ve recently read, that PayPal charge a fixed fee of £$5 (can’t remember which) on goods bought wether it’s £100 or £1000. Cheers Matt

Strut arrived early afternoon, thanks to all for advice, very much appreciated. Matt.

Strut arrived early afternoon, thanks to all for advice, very much appreciated. Matt.
By what I'm hearing when I'm out and about, if you'd ordered that from a European vendor it'd be several weeks before it was in your hands....
RA are pretty good with delivery times. Frequently my parts arrive a day before scheduled and the scheduled time is far from shabby even using the cheapest shipping method/courier.

By what I'm hearing when I'm out and about, if you'd ordered that from a European vendor it'd be several weeks before it was in your hands....
RA are pretty good with delivery times. Frequently my parts arrive a day before scheduled and the scheduled time is far from shabby even using the cheapest shipping method/courier.
Yes I used the cheaper fedex shipping, as I’m not desperate for strut (although PCS did mention near side had slight misting, more of a mileage age prec) and I thought two days door to door was brilliant I’ve bought some parts from AUTODOC as well, and like you’ve mentioned have taken a week or so. I’ll definitely be ordering other strut from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom