Rocker cover and exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W210Virgin

Car
2002 S210 Avantgarde 320CDi in silver. Black leather interior
Car 2002 320CDi (I6 engine), 158k miles, great service history.

At the weekend I had a bit of time to do few car related chores. One of them was to confirm one way or the other that a small oil leak around the turbo is actually from the turbo and not from something else dripping onto the turbo. In the process I removed a rocker cover breather that definitely was leaking a tiny bit of oil onto the cover, but nothing much really. What I did notice that there was quite a lot of oil getting into the turbo via this breather. What I need to know is how much is 'normal' and should I get it changed, with its O rings as one of these rings was nipped a bit and deformed prior to my ownership. By quite a lot I mean the inside of the pipe was coated with a film of oil (as opposed to just a bit wet) and there was a small puddle on the lip of the turbo but impossible to tell how much internally within the turbo body. I just strikes me as too much but without know roughly what to expect it's hard to tell.

Are they available from ECP (or similar) or are they MB only?

I also think that the exhaust manifold is leaking as the heat shield under the air filter box is sooted over. Other than from around the turbo, I can't see any other leak source and I've just about eliminated it. Is this a likely leak point or weakness? Other than a bit of hassle it's actually not that hard to change. Fact is, when I'm sitting idling in traffic the smoke leak is occasionally being drawn into the car by the vent fan and I have to switch to recirc until I get moving again.

Bump

Any takers/ comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom