rolex for 300E

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rufman

Car
A160, zo6
What an odd weekend..I've just swapped a rolex daytona for a 1992 300e with 130k on the clock.

Was at the car wash and got chatting to one of the polish/croation chaps there and he noticed my watch. Asked me if i wanted to swap it; I said no but I do have an old rolex at home that I would swap with. My old rolex happens to be an excellent replica from Portugal so I told him to pop round if he wanted. Left the car wash and forgot about it. He turned up last night in a blue merc, docs in hand!!!

I didn't have the heart to tell him as the copy is great but I did advise that he may not want to go swimming in it. Anyway, the deal was done and I now own a rather good 300e.

I do feel a little guilty and I should be starring in Hustle. I drove back to the car wash this lunch time but they were closed. Would anyone here tell the truth? I feel a bit criminal so will try and find him tomorrow. Car is registered to someone in Manchester so if any one here has had a 1992 j reg blue 300e stolen, please let me know!

:d

Has anyone seen my 300e? I left it for a few hours near the car wash & paid this Polish guy £10 to keep an eye on it ...

Hmmm, so you've traded a copy Rolex (around £15 from Hong Kong) for a whole entire car to a Eastern European no doubt with a LARGE group of Eastern European 'friends' who happens to know where you live...

You're a braver man than me!

Has anyone seen my 300e? I left it for a few hours near the car wash & paid this Polish guy £10 to keep an eye on it ...
Probably more honest than the English guy I saw nearby wearing a Rolex:)

Very ,Very brave.Do they not maufacture AK47's in ons of those countries?

So what is the name on the docs? does it end in OV or IC

I must admit I don't think I could've gone through with it :eek:

I do have several Rolexes in my possession. I do however happen to have a replica all gold Daytona. It looks exactly the same as an original. Anyone wanna trade me with an AMG? ;)

Where'd you get it from Steve ?

I fancy a rep of the gold blue faced submariner ....

I have a copy of the leather strap daytona and it is perfect .... don't know if i can carry off a gold submariner though ...

I'd look like Ray Winstone .... :rolleyes:

mmmm well we can tell one thing - thay guy cant tell a fake for the real thing lol
+ with no papers to the watch it makes it worthless.

Last edited:
He came to your house to drop it off? :eek:

Very odd situation, probably best to swear blind that it's real, but offer to trade back if he's not happy.

Personally i'd shift the car on and tell him where to go if he comes back, he's a grown man and if he thought it might be dodgy he shouldnt have done the deal.

Oh, and don't forget to brush ya' shoulder off........ hussla!:rock:

I will try and find him tomorrow and swap it back. He looked in his teens and his excitement for the rolex won me over. I think I've actually helped him and he kept calling me brother. However, I realise that he knows where I live and I could do without any black lada limo's with bullet proof glass turning up outside and so will look to reverse the transaction. At the time it was all very exciting but I have no desire to be sleeping with fish.I now realise I can make millions in eastern europe.

I wouldn't have made the swap in the first place but, hypothetically, having done it, I think I'd just sit on it and see what happens.

After all, what's he likely to do? Worst situation is he comes back to complain and you express surprise and offer to reverse the swap.

Maybe he's already posted it off to a relative as a gift or sold it on? You might incur more wrath by going looking for him now.

Not any more, there are plenty of fakes with mechanical movements now that move exactly like a real one!

Very true - The days of the tick-tocking fake Rolex are gone (unless its a Cellini Quartz model).

Where'd you get it from Steve ?

I fancy a rep of the gold blue faced submariner ....

I have a copy of the leather strap daytona and it is perfect .... don't know if i can carry off a gold submariner though ...

I'd look like Ray Winstone .... :rolleyes:

Howard I got it from the Bay. Wanted to see what I looked like wearing a solid gold Rolex but I have since decided that I look like a pimp so no go. The fake has done its job. I do have the (genuine) blue faced half gold Sub and it looks excellent (as seen in my Cupholder sequence shots in my Gallery :) )

well opening it up would be the only way to tell then or send it back to rolex
for them to confirm it. :)

Not any more, there are plenty of fakes with mechanical movements now that move exactly like a real one!

personally he's not interested in the Rolex..... I think he's after a couple of numbers not on the Rolex .... one is 996... the other is E55....keep your wits about you. and good luck....to the lamb :eek: ....these guys have no morals:crazy:

Last edited:
and this is why? i own a genuine rolex
what benefit would this be for him?

personally he's not interested in the Rolex..... I think he's after a couple of numbers not on the Rolex .... one is 996... the other is E55....keep your wits about you. and good luck

and this is why? i own a genuine rolex
what benefit would this be for him?

sorry don't follow you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom