Roll Masters - Half Mile Roll on Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACID

MB Enthusiast
Car
C63 Supercharged Stage 3 and E63s Estate

Please note - you have to be pre approved by us before purchasing a ticket. Priority will be given to Evolve, ES Motor and MSL PERFORMANCE customers in the the first instance. Please email [email protected] with name, car, reg and spec as we need to provide this info the the venue before hand. We would like to see some fast stock cars there and other interesting builds.

Want to see how fast your car can go in a safe environment with a bunch of petrol heads and speed freaks? ES Motor, MSL Performance and Evolve are proud to announce the first rolling half mile race event in the UK! Held on the RAF Woodbridge site this is the first of its kind Air Strip Attack and will have some of the fastest Porsches, BMW’s and Mercedes in the UK attending.

The Venue

RAF Woodbridge can be found at Heath Road Sutton, IP12 3TN. The 2.2 mile runway was built during the cold war for the use of nuclear bombers. It was never used for this purpose, but its perfect for seeing how fast your car can do a rolling half mile.

The Event

Why 1/2 Mile Roll on Racing? We feel that such an event is missing from the UK so decided to organise one ourselves. They are easier on the transmission than launching and not so nerve racking on the top speed. It will give a really good indication of your cars performance in the real world, much like the favoured 100-200 KPH/60-120MPH VBOX testing. We will have 2 speed traps per lane - one at the beginning and one at the end of the half mile so we can show if anyone jumped early and take difference in speed off their terminal speed.

Facilities:

Safety briefing will be provided along with food/drink and toilet facilities. We will have multiple photographers and videographers covering the event so expect to be featured in our media following the event.

Price:

£200 inc VAT per car. Each car is allowed one passenger. Every extra passenger is charged at £10.

Spectators are welcome with an entrance fee of £10.

Current List of Cars Attending

Lexus LFA
Pagani Huayara
991 GT3RS
Aventador SV Roadster
ES 997 GT2
ES 997 GT2
ES 997 GT2
ES 991 Turbo S
ES 997 Turbo
ES 997 Turbo
ES 997.2 Turbo
Hurricane
Aventador SV
Evolve F10 M5
Evolve F13 M6 GC
Evolve F10 M5
Evolve F13 M6
Evolve F13 M6
Evolve M2 GTS
M4
Evolve F80 M3
F80 M3
Evolve E92 M3 Supercharged
MSL AMG 63 Black Supercharged
MSL E63 Bi-turbo
MSL CLS 63 Bi-turbo
MSL E63 Bi- Turbo
MSL CLS Bi-Turbo
MSL C32 AMG

Rolling start? Now that's interesting! I understand that the number of places is limited and you only want the most powerful? Perhaps there should be a limit of HP before one can apply. It's just a thought. Good luck to Mercedes of course. The competition is strong.

DATES 22nd JULY 2017

Hi acid I've been accepted and payment has been confirmed but don't appear to be on the list rs4 b8. And what would be latest I could add another car if it's fixed in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi acid I've been accepted and payment has been confirmed but don't appear to be on the list rs4 b8. And what would be latest I could add another car if it's fixed in time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you are confirmed let me know on the second car asap as I think we only got 10 spaces left from the 66 available.

thanks

acid

So, any updates yet after yesterday's news?

:(

Last edited:
What happened yesterday?

TV's airfield licence revoked I believe.

Any News on this Acid ?

Not that i'm ready yet, but this very much appeals to me. Any news on a new location? Acid?

Not as yet, though I believe that Matt from TV has potentially found something, albeit a bit shorter than Woodbridge.

It may be suitable for a half mile rolling start though...

Not as yet, though I believe that Matt from TV has potentially found something, albeit a bit shorter than Woodbridge.

It may be suitable for a half mile rolling start though...

Hope you and your Beast are well Dave. How's the car running?

Good news on the potential new location.

Keeping an eye on this, would love to spectate. Would love to compete but my E55 wouldn't stand a chance LOL

Keeping an eye on this, would love to spectate. Would love to compete but my E55 wouldn't stand a chance LOL

It's not all about winning - traditionally there's always someone quicker and faster in a purpose built motor or a supercar. Not point in getting upset about it.

For some resident goers it all usually starts the night before in a restaurant followed by a pub/disco and ends in early hours of the morning. Understandably a few don't make it to the start at 8am but the fun is shared by all ;)

Alx said:
It's not all about winning - traditionally there's always someone quicker and faster in a purpose built motor or a supercar. Not point in getting upset about it. For some resident goers it all usually starts the night before in a restaurant followed by a pub/disco and ends in early hours of the morning. Understandably a few don't make it to the start at 8am but the fun is shared by all ;)

A bucket is imperative for some.

I wouldn't worry, as long as you enjoy it. These types of events, and possible 1/4 mile is what i've always had planned, but never got to. Just keen to see what my car can do, and go from there. :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom