Roll Masters - Half Mile Roll on Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A bucket is imperative for some.

I don't mind being on the bucket next time instead of... err... cleaning :crazy::devil:;)

I wouldn't worry, as long as you enjoy it. These types of events, and possible 1/4 mile is what i've always had planned, but never got to. Just keen to see what my car can do, and go from there. :dk:

I bet AngryDog was being sarcastic and tries to play it down as he already announced he has a joint bank account with MSL now ;)

I bet AngryDog was being sarcastic and tries to play it down as he already announced he has a joint bank account with MSL now ;)

I heard on one of the Amg facebook pages, that there is a couple of Dtk 74mm & 70mm Pulley E55 in the Uk. Maybe AngryDog is one of them, and keeping it quiet.

:D You'll have to wait and see :D

Nah, I aren't made of money LOL. I wouldn't mind going 74mm Pulley, split charging and manifolds. Not sure how much power that would see me at, but I think I would need an LSD!

:D You'll have to wait and see :D

Nah, I aren't made of money LOL. I wouldn't mind going 74mm Pulley, split charging and manifolds. Not sure how much power that would see me at, but I think I would need an LSD!

As Alx said, you have the Msl Joint Bank account now, so no point messing around, get Acid to fit a new Charger for you. Job Done! :thumb:

hahaha, I'll still need to write them an IOU, and not sure the wife would approve :D

hahaha, I'll still need to write them an IOU, and not sure the wife would approve :D

Darling, i can't believe it, i have a faulty Charger that needs replacing or the car won't drive. My good friend Acid said he can fix it. They replace them with these Black Chargers these days.

Mrs problem solved. Your welcome.

Sadly she isn't that gullible :(. And she'd tell me to buy another car, as the fascia's, soffits, guttering, plastering, decorating (you know the drill) is much more important lol.

Besides, a W212 E63 BiTurbo or F10 M5 is on the cards in a few years, so not much point spending too much on my W211.

Keeping an eye on this, would love to spectate. Would love to compete but my E55 wouldn't stand a chance LOL

With a few mods, the E55s do well.

I came within 5mph TV against a 7xxBHP E63 5.5 TT back at a TV event of old.

Mine was running 496WHP (so 580BHP > 600BHP).

And that with a XS helmet squashing your face. It's fair to add you 5mph based on that burden alone! ;)

And that with a XS helmet squashing your face. It's fair to add you 5mph based on that burden alone! ;)

Also watching his engine under-tray disappearing into the distance in the rear view mirror. :D Another 5mph?

Also watching his engine under-tray disappearing into the distance in the rear view mirror. :D Another 5mph?

Indeed :D.

Hopefully John reads this, realises he has made a terrible mistake and gets himself another fast saloon. Life starts at 75 John and we still love you! :eek::devil:;)

That's not bad going and surprising. I would have though a 7xx BHP E63 BiTurbo would have been quicker.

Was that over a mile or half mile?

RAF Woodridge - first Terminal Velocity event. Not sure on the length of said runway though.

SJMaxwell was in the E63.

I think a couple of 600 GT-Rs were in between as well.

I forgot about losing my engine tray! I think it nearly decapitated Marty.

I don't have any desire to own another fast saloon. The more time passes, the more I like my CL and the different driving experience that brings.

If I wasn't happy about it, I would have changed or would have a plan to change.

RAF Woodridge - first Terminal Velocity event. Not sure on the length of said runway though.

SJMaxwell was in the E63.

I think a couple of 600 GT-Rs were in between as well.

I forgot about losing my engine tray! I think it nearly decapitated Marty.

I don't have any desire to own another fast saloon. The more time passes, the more I like my CL and the different driving experience that brings.

If I wasn't happy about it, I would have changed or would have a plan to change.

Stockholm syndrome.

:devil::D

I get the same effect with an XL helmet too (well, the Motorsport Vision ones at Bedford Autodrome and Brands Hatch anyway)... My head is too big for motor racing. Quite liderally.

Stockholm syndrome.

:devil::D

Lol.

I know it's hard for someone "with the bug" to see things any other way.

I was the same when I was really into the E55K. I remember posting up here in response to those looking for the E500... "you might as well get the E55K as it will cost the same to run but would be way faster".

I now get the whole E500 thing and that is what I would choose over an E55K now.

Would I do it all again?

Absolutely only I would probably go further than I did but earlier on.

Do I want to do it again?

I really don't. I can now have a 911, GT-R and <insert whichever fast car here> go by and it's nice not to feel the urge to nail it's ass to the wall (or try depending on what you're up against obviously).

^ Sounds like you are one small step away from the tartan rug, hot cocoa and slippers John.
I'm drawing my pension and want an E63 Biturbo. Am I a bad man?:D

^ Sounds like you are one small step away from the tartan rug, hot cocoa and slippers John.
I'm drawing my pension and want an E63 Biturbo. Am I a bad man?:D

I'm drawing my pension and have a CL 63 Biturbo :cool:

I get the same effect with an XL helmet too (well, the Motorsport Vision ones at Bedford Autodrome and Brands Hatch anyway)... My head is too big for motor racing. Quite liderally.

Lol.

I know it's hard for someone "with the bug" to see things any other way.

I was the same when I was really into the E55K. I remember posting up here in response to those looking for the E500... "you might as well get the E55K as it will cost the same to run but would be way faster".

I now get the whole E500 thing and that is what I would choose over an E55K now.

Would I do it all again?

Absolutely only I would probably go further than I did but earlier on.

Do I want to do it again?

I really don't. I can now have a 911, GT-R and <insert whichever fast car here> go by and it's nice not to feel the urge to nail it's ass to the wall (or try depending on what you're up against obviously).

Good to hear you feel that way J. You're on the mend. Once you have the feeling you can control your right foot, you will get an AMG and be a sensible driver. Here's hoping ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom