Roller Garage Doors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MikeL

Car
Audi A4 3.0 TDI
Hi,

Getting a quote for a pair of roller (electric) doors 7.5 ft x 7 ft each.

Can anyone give a ball park figure for supply and install - haven't bought doors in over 15 years so a bit out of touch!

Want to make sure not totally rippped off.

Mike

Ooh, I'd be interested to know too.

There's a roller door with a W203 poking out in the 2003 AMG brochure - looks very german and industrial but I like it.

If my understanding is correct you can also mount the frame behind the pillars, rather than between them, giving a little extra width driving in/out. Is this correct?

I tended to do a Google, get some prices and then play one off against the other :eek: :eek:

Thankfully I spoke with our builder and he eventually ordered and fitted a better door:eek: :eek:

Plus I found out we did not have sufficient room above the door for the roller mechanism and ended up with some very nice insulated doors.

Regards
John

There are only 4-5 holes each side to drill into the brick or wood frame, no point in a wood frame as you can gain 100mm with out one and nothing to paint.

I install electric versions in 2 hours complete.

I tended to do a Google, get some prices and then play one off against the other :eek: :eek:

Thankfully I spoke with our builder and he eventually ordered and fitted a better door:eek: :eek:

Plus I found out we did not have sufficient room above the door for the roller mechanism and ended up with some very nice insulated doors.

Regards
John
The average box above needs 30cm, only ever found I firm using a smaller one but double the price.

My roller door is insulated

Hi

My 13ft x 8ft remote electric roller door was £500 and i fitted it myself, it was a cash and carry type price approx 5 years ago. Belfast.

The average box above needs 30cm, only ever found I firm using a smaller one but double the price.

My roller door is insulated
We were quoted 420mm minimum, but that obviously only applies to us.

Hopefully MikeL has plenty of room.

John

Thanks one and all - forgot about the clearance, just checked and there is a good 50 cm, probably more, phew...

Once again Ta Very Much :)

Mike

Thanks one and all - forgot about the clearance, just checked and there is a good 50 cm, probably more, phew...

Once again Ta Very Much :)

Mike

on these door the overhead box slots into the side runners and you plug it too the brickwork all in one lump, you then feed the roller shutters into the frame, and thats it

I've given Lakeside a call, waiting for them to get back to me.

Mike

Mike
Hi Mike,
Has your BMW got the open garage door option? If so make sure the door is compatible with the car. If the car has not got the option then buy a Mercedes that has!:devil: :D

Regards
John

Hi Mike,
Has your BMW got the open garage door option? If so make sure the door is compatible with the car. If the car has not got the option then buy a Mercedes that has!:devil: :D

Regards
John

Thanks, I think ......

Seriously though, the built in wouldn't be any good for us as we tend to swap which door being used, at least on less decision to make.

:)

Disgruntled..

Mike

Is there an unwritten rule that says companies will never call back when they say?

Lakeside assured me they would call by 12.00, still waiting.....
Can't they even call to say they will be late?

Customer Service - Great Myths of the 20th Century.

Mike

Is there an unwritten rule that says companies will never call back when they say?

Lakeside assured me they would call by 12.00, still waiting.....
Can't they even call to say they will be late?

Customer Service - Great Myths of the 20th Century.

Mike
Local firm that I can highly recommend. They might not be the cheapest??? (I have no idea) but when we had problems getting the electrics to work they could not have been anymore helpful. Prompt courtepus, knowledgable and extremely helpful.

I think they are called Garage Door Automations

We have two garages, both work independantly from the car and we could, if I wanted have control of another remote ie gates, or lights

Regards
John

OK - so far the quotes range from £1850 - £2350.

This is for two White roller doors, four remotes and fitting.

As far as I can tell there is very little to choose between the door quality - they are insulated, which takes up less space, didn't understand that, oh well (the less space, not the insulated bit)

Mike

OK - so far the quotes range from £1850 - £2350.

This is for two White roller doors, four remotes and fitting.

As far as I can tell there is very little to choose between the door quality - they are insulated, which takes up less space, didn't understand that, oh well (the less space, not the insulated bit)

Mike
I think there are only a few manufacturers of quality doors and the differences will usuallly be labour.

Our old doors were terrible flimsy things and I'm a great believer in the saying you get what you pay for, but if your quotes are all for the same make door then good luck.

regards
John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom