Rolling Road GTG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark300SL

1962-2010. Gone, but not forgotten.
After reading the recent R/R posts - who would be up for a R/R GTG in Oct/Nov time?

I would suggest PTS in Luton as the Venue because they are relatively central, just off the M1. I know the guys there and understand and trust their entire system. Also they are "up" for doing club R/R days.
It would almost certainly have to be on a Sunday morning and run till mid/late sun afternoon - and the cost would vary depending on the number of people that attend - but £25 per car is a good starting point.

Ideally 20 cars as a minimum - and about 35 max !

If interested please stick your name and car below and I'll see if we can get a date that suits everyone!
Anyone needing to get away earlier, let me know and I'll arrange for the "awkward" one ot get on nice and early.

List - please cut and paste the list below - and add your name and any preferred date :)

Mark - 300SL - any date

Mark - 300SL - any date
sym - C200 - not October 25/26

(as I'll only have to fall out of bed to get there :D)

Mark - 300SL - any date
Graham - C230K - any date - as long as under £25 and an Auto C230K is going too.

Mark - 300SL - any date
Graham - C230K - any date - as long as under £25 and an Auto C230K is going too.
Maff - CL500 or SL350 or 300XZ - anytime

Mark - 300SL - any date
Jimmy - C250TD - any date, I'm easy!

Mark - 300SL - any date
Richard W - 320d not 25/26 too (might have the chip fitted by then!)

Mark - 300SL - any date
Doriant - I'll bring one of them !!! just give me plenty of notice on the date....

Mark - 300SL - any date
Doriant - I'll bring one of them !!! just give me plenty of notice on the date....
Ed - BMW M3 - any weekend from mid Oct on

Ok

I was tuning the race Civc today at PTS - and have provisionally booked Sun 2nd November which also just happens to be my 41st birthday :D

I need a few more interested parties to make this economically viable for them - but Tony at PTS has said he will run with a preferred minimum of 15 cars - just because its me!

Rememer - PTS have to open on a Sunday - when they are normally shut, and wages have to be paid, costs met etc - so we really need a minimum of 15 cars to make this work

Spread the word please lads

Mark

Mark - 300SL - any date
Graham - C230K
Graham's Brother - Caterham 7 (Ground Clearance allowing)

Last edited:
Mark - 300SL - any date
Graham - C230K
Graham's Brother - Caterham 7
Andy - Smart Roadster - ok for 2/11/03 (but not the weekend b4!)

Last edited:
Mark - 300SL - any date
Graham - C230K
Dieselman E300TD 2/11 A-ok

we still need a few more to make this viable!!

DATE 09:00 Sunday 02/11/03
VENUE : PTS LUTON just off M1

I would have thought that a pretty central location and a GTG would have made this slightly more popular :(

I will be able to get a few guys together to fill spaces if I have to - but then it becomes a lot less exclusive, as well as less of an MB day

Please add to list below !!

Mark - 300SL - fine with 02/11/03
Graham - C230K
Dieselman E300TD 2/11 A-ok

Mark

Thanks for your efforts Mark

Personally, I am not that suprissed at the list so far - RR day is not everyone's cup of tea.

Is the price set yet?

Also, as we are talking about stock cars here, I should think one or two power runs and the car will be off the rollers and the next on..........not as if we are going to be remapping chips and adjusting boost! - so not exactley tough work for the dyno operator.

I've asked around but no other person friends are interested - although if we get desperate I'm sure there are some locals from www.e36coupe.com that would come.

Someone with a C/SLK/CLK/E 230 Kompressor Auto PLEEEEASE come!!

Last edited:
If things go as planned, I'll be away then, sorry Mark. (My spark plugs need doing anyway, so I'd be down on power ;) ).

Originally posted by GrahamC230K
Thanks for your efforts Mark

I've asked around but no other person friends are interested - although if we get desperate I'm sure there are some locals from www.e36coupe.com that would come.

Graham - its not a major problem as I am on 3 different forums (MB, Honda CRX and Rover) - so I can fill the places quite easily.

The original idea here was to keep the event as MB as possible - your Bro and Ed obviously welcome. I can get Dan to bring my new CRX along - which hasnt even seen a dyno yet !- as well as a few other cars that would we welcomed due to the maturity (not age!) of their drivers!

I dont have any problems making this a combined event - just tring to keep this as exclusive as possible

Cheers

Mark

Sorry to mess things up Mark, I won't be able to make it to this one (bit of a long story...). Shame 'cos the chips going on soon.

R

Mark

Should probably let you know now that i will most likely be unable to make this one too. Very much depends on what time it starts . . if its "early" then I can . . if later, then no can do.

S.

Originally posted by sym
Mark

Should probably let you know now that i will most likely be unable to make this one too. Very much depends on what time it starts . . if its "early" then I can . . if later, then no can do.

S.

Earlier post states a 09:00 start, must be early enough for you!!

Are we all still on for this Mark?

Graham

Yeah its still on !

I might need to "top up" with a few "others" - but I really wanted this to be a Merc day :(

Mark

Now bringing 2 cars !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom