Rolling road w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys booked my E in for a rolling road session I have been messing with the secret menu on dash and have seen a dyno mode? What is this and should I enable for my session?

Just thinking, I maybe should have posted this in the performance section, mods please feel free to move thread thanks

Dyno mode basically kills all driver aids like ESP ABS etc. and enables the car to run on the rollers without the computers trying to take over.

Not really sensible to disable it for road use as, like the name suggests, it's for rolling road/diagnostic use only. Your dyno operator should be able to enable this on the day for you, if he can't I'd be a bit concerned about using them to be honest.

I believe its also used for MOT brake testing as ESP etc doesn't like one axle being stationary whilst the other is being driven by rollers.

I believe its also used for MOT brake testing as ESP etc doesn't like one axle being stationary whilst the other is being driven by rollers.

This wouldn't surprise me and seems logical. My guy doesn't put mine on the rollers but I can appreciate the issues it would cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom