Rolling road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattk1

Car
SL63, C350 CDI & Ducati 1299 Panigale
Hi all, hope every one has had a good Christmas and has a happy New Year.
For the first time in my life I have taken a car I own to a rolling road facility, it was via a special offer on the Pistonheads website at Surrey Rolling Road not far from the M25/M3 junction. The real purpose of my test was to establish some base figures as I might carry out a few 'tweaks' next year. :devil:
Anyway, I took along my CL55K and was very pleasantly surprised to find it produced 525.8 BHP & 546 ft/lb torque :D, not bad for a car nearly nine years old with 89k on the clock! It is completely standard but very well looked after by Ollie and Jack @ PCS, and all credit to them. I have read these engines get better with miles and that seems the case here. Looking forward to next few miles!
I know the figures do not tell the full story but as I said, I just wanted somewhere to start from.

Matt

Sounds like you car has at least been remapped already with almost 526bhp

Nice one. Can you see the "at the wheels" figure on the print out, or did the operator mention it?

Hi all, hope every one has had a good Christmas and has a happy New Year.
For the first time in my life I have taken a car I own to a rolling road facility, it was via a special offer on the Pistonheads website at Surrey Rolling Road not far from the M25/M3 junction. The real purpose of my test was to establish some base figures as I might carry out a few 'tweaks' next year. :devil:
Anyway, I took along my CL55K and was very pleasantly surprised to find it produced 525.8 BHP & 546 ft/lb torque :D, not bad for a car nearly nine years old with 89k on the clock! It is completely standard but very well looked after by Ollie and Jack @ PCS, and all credit to them. I have read these engines get better with miles and that seems the case here. Looking forward to next few miles!
I know the figures do not tell the full story but as I said, I just wanted somewhere to start from.

Matt

You must use the same dyno (as I'm sure you will) to realise the difference the mods have made.

There's no standard/benchmark/datum that dynos have to subscribe to, so you could end up with something entirely different if you went elsewhere.

Great figures :thumb:.

Thanks, I was going to. It is local-ish to me and Charlie the owner seemed a genuinely nice and helpful guy.
"I'll be back"

I have been told it hasn't, but how do you tell?

Is there such a thing as a factory CLK55K? :confused:
In the USA all the CLK55 were NA.
I thought there were only Kleemann kompressor conversions which may explain the unusually high dyno numbers.

It is a cl55k.

Curious as the kompressor was not available on any 5.4L in the USA in 2004, and never on any CLK55 (other then DTM )...
Is it a Kleeman build ?

Ed

It's a CL , not a CLK

Thanks, I was going to. It is local-ish to me and Charlie the owner seemed a genuinely nice and helpful guy.
"I'll be back"

Charlie was a member on here at one point...when he had a E300TD... LOL.

Go and do some timed acceleration runs on a level road and then do more after any work done to the car.
Do five runs each way to average any wind issues.

Ed

It's a CL , not a CLK

Thank you Howard...

My aging eyes gave me a "senior" moment....:eek:
Happening more and more...:crazy:
Don't get old, but of course consider the alternate :eek:

340 at the fly.

Book states 355

My c32 on his was 326hp stock she 375hp post pulley and map.....312hp at the wheels.....then factor in the 5 speed loosing upto 90hp (in Charlie's experience) makes it circa 400hp so only being down 15hp on his dyno is pretty good!

That's what I thought had it been 50 I'd of been upset, I'm having a remap done next month as he said its over fuelling at the top end so a bit of room for improvement.

My c32 on his was 326hp stock she 375hp post pulley and map.....312hp at the wheels.....then factor in the 5 speed loosing upto 90hp (in Charlie's experience) makes it circa 400hp so only being down 15hp on his dyno is pretty good!

I don't believe the 722.6 loses anywhere near 25% of the available HP.

Power losses in transmissions are exponential to load, so maybe a car pushing 600bhp might lose 90Hp, but not under 400Hp.

It would be interesting to see how Charlie came by that figure as it can only be derived by running an engine both in and out of the car. Afaik, he doesn't have the facility for bench running engines, does He?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom