Rolling Road

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8 Animal

Car
SL63 AMG
I'm interested in how much power this car has.
So booked it in for a session on the rollers at the end of the month.
SL63 with performance pack.

A lot will depend on the dyno you use, the operator and the ambient temperature/humidity etc.

Where you taking it to, anywhere we know? :D

Don't know them, I always use MSL, though all the best with it and I hope you get the results you're hoping for. :)

Wasn't aware they did it. Booked it in with MSL now feel more confident as they know the car and power outputs etc.
Thanks

I'll be very interested in the results as I have exactly the same car. The build sheet on mine states 525 BHP.

As stated, I don't know the one you mentioned earlier, but MSL do know these car and their capabilities, so you should hopefully get something like. If not, I'm sure that they could do a bit of tweaking to get it there. :)

They've just had mine in for three days and I'm very happy with the results. :D

http://youtu.be/48MG2-mq_aY
510 BHP/485 Torque
Not as much as I had guessed.

I agree as it's states PP cars are 525 BHP I know in the days of my track prepared RX7 the tuner I used had a Dyno Dynamics rolling road and that was supposed to give a less flattering but more realistic figure.

Here is a copy of the official MB pamphlet:-
SL – perhaps the two most beguiling letters in
the whole of the sports car world. A legend among roadsters. Especially when three further letters – AMG – are added. The sign of the ultimate in driving enjoyment. Whether it be the extremely dynamic
SL 63 AMG with agile AMG 8-cylinder engine and new AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports trans- mission or the powerful SL 65 AMG with AMG 12-cylinder biturbo powerplant generating a peak torque of 1000 Nm, making this one of the most powerful engines on the road. In any case, when
it comes to design idiom and exclusivity, hardly anything else can come close.
AMG 6.3-litre V8 engine developing 386 kW (525 hp) and 630 Nm of torque
PERFORMANCE :
Top speed 250 km/h (electronically limited), acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.7s
CHASSIS :
AMG sports suspension with AMG gas-filled shock absorbers and specially tuned spring elements based on Active Body Control (ABC)
BRAKES :
AMG high-performance braking system with 360 x 36 mm composite front brake discs and 6-piston fixed callipers
TRANSMISSION :
AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission and AMG steering-wheel gearshift operated using shift paddles
AMG 6.0-litre V12 biturbo engine developing 450 kW (612 hp) and 1000 Nm of torque
PERFORMANCE :
Top speed 250 km/h (electronically limited), acceleration from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.2s
CHASSIS :
AMG sports suspension with AMG gas-filled shock absorbers and specially tuned spring elements based on
Active Body Control (ABC) with limited- slip rear axle differential
BRAKES :
AMG high-performance braking system with 390 x 36 mm composite front brake discs and 6-piston fixed callipers
TRANSMISSION :
AMG SPEEDSHIFT 5-speed automatic transmission and AMG steering-wheel gearshift operated using shift paddles

Last edited:
If I can I use V power but I used Texaco 98 before the run as Birmingham is overrun with Texaco.
I understand fuel will make a difference but not that much?

I'd be well pleased at that, allowing for dyno variables, and it also seems to validate Acid's dyno (whch is good as mine recorded 638bhp on the same dyno) :cool:.

I'd be more concerned if you got, say 480bhp or 580bhp.

There is a small variance between hp and bhp too.

Last edited:
Is there any better sounding N/A MB engine????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom