Rolls Royce Wraith

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveWUK

Car
CLS63 AMG
Never seen one of these in the flesh before Saturday.
Heading round the M25 towards Gatwick and a two tone brown one joined around J10 I think.
Doesn't sound like a great colour combination but it actually looked pretty good.
Was being driven fairly aggressively and I was hoping traffic mighty ease a little to allow him a clear run and me to follow;)
Of course it was the M25 so it didn't and he came off at the Reigate junction.
Never been a huge RR fan but I did like this.
Performance doesn't look too shabby either.
Anybody else encountered one?

Absolutely lovely cars! I've only seen the Black Badge edition at GoodWood FOS last year up close, other than that just a few examples mainly in London. Lovely inside and the sound system was like nothing I'd heard in a car before. It went up the hill at Goodwood pretty rapid too! Love that stretch of the M25, Reigate / Surrey doesn't disappoint with it's fair share of prestige cars.

Awful things, really awful things.

The new Rollers look like caricatures of past designs, just not in a good way.

A chap down the road had a two-tone brown Wraith. It used to just sit in the drive, I never did see it on the move.

Looked weird in pictures. Looks amazing in person, I totally agree with OP.

I wonder how Chris Eubanks or Jonathan Ross would tell their friends about their new Wolls Woyce Wraith!

One of my friends bought a Wraith Coupe a year or so ago. It’s a surreal experience, from the constellation roof lining to the cigar humidor glove box.

The drive train is mind-bogglingly complicated, its connected to the GPS system so the box changes down in anticipation of a corner/incline, not in response to a change in load.

If I had the means – I’d have one!

I love them - I was looking at an S Coupe the other day and the dealer had one - Just simply amazing

love the Wraith; distinctive without being OTT

Would have been great to see it get fully into stride, I glanced over as he exited the motorway and saw what I'd describe as a guy in the upper echelons of middle age so who knows if he'd given it a blast!
But... hold on I've just described myself and I would:D

Prefer the Dawn personally but the details on these are surprisingly cheap when you get up close. Amazing things to drive and indecently fast when required. It's just an odd feeling travelling so quickly in such a calm package.

Other uses for a third of a million are available

rolls-royce-wraith-rt-0003.JPG

Can't say that I would put a third of a million into one but...

If you want to see just who actually buys them, Channel 4 did an excellent programme on this early this year.

Let's just say, they're "not like us."

But thank you, all the same, chaps, because in ten years time we'll be able to pick one up for £60k

Here's the link to the programme:

Inside Rolls-Royce and Boodles - On Demand - All 4

Last edited:
Absolutely love the new generation of Rollers, can you still call them that?

I have a 2010 Ghost!
Bought it cheap smashed up in the ar$e **** area ! I swapped it for a 6x4 artic and trailer . Missus was pi$$ed with me buying & horse trading junk!
Can't help it is the 40% Irish in me! :doh:

Being an all alum body it took some time & patience, heat and cold water appliques to pull it out straight without crippling it. I did have to buy some new sheet metal like the trunk lid/boot etc. Not being too conversant with sheet alum work, (flat sheet Landrovers are my best shot!) I enlisted the help of some old aircraft sheet metal workers to get the creases out and not tear it up. Besides I hate bringing a JCB full of body filler to fill up the "blemishes"! Terrible!

By the way Colombians are better at this than Brits patching up an old Minis with bondo!! (My South American experiences !!!)

I have painter who is Laotian on hand as a subby who does most of my shop paintwork. Final job with lots of paint came out nice! Silver over black.

Can't tell today this sophisticated lady with new make up is a bit of a bruiser and been in a bar fight!:D
She a bit of a boozer though !--loves to be a gas hog V12 as they say in the States!
Tuercas Viejas

I have a 2010 Ghost!
Bought it cheap smashed up in the ar$e **** area ! I swapped it for a 6x4 artic and trailer . Missus was pi$$ed with me buying & horse trading junk!
Can't help it is the 40% Irish in me! :doh:

Being an all alum body it took some time & patience, heat and cold water appliques to pull it out straight without crippling it. I did have to buy some new sheet metal like the trunk lid/boot etc. Not being too conversant with sheet alum work, (flat sheet Landrovers are my best shot!) I enlisted the help of some old aircraft sheet metal workers to get the creases out and not tear it up. Besides I hate bringing a JCB full of body filler to fill up the "blemishes"! Terrible!

By the way Colombians are better at this than Brits patching up an old Minis with bondo!! (My South American experiences !!!)

I have painter who is Laotian on hand as a subby who does most of my shop paintwork. Final job with lots of paint came out nice! Silver over black.

Can't tell today this sophisticated lady with new make up is a bit of a bruiser and been in a bar fight!:D
She a bit of a boozer though !--loves to be a gas hog V12 as they say in the States!
Tuercas Viejas

Any 'work in progress' photos?

Well its fixed and been on the road for about two years now.
I do have a few photos in an album we use to show customers our bodywork skills.
I will see if I can get them copied electronically and post.
TV

As requested I am getting some photos done electronically to post.
In the meantime i was scudding about in the "archives and found this an example of my handiwork in Caracas.
All rebuild from dead and abandoned fleet of buses I helped supply when new to the Venezuelan gubbermint.
Tuercas Viejas.

Buses in Venezuela -Metrobus

As requested I am getting some photos done electronically to post.
In the meantime i was scudding about in the "archives and found this an example of my handiwork in Caracas.
All rebuild from dead and abandoned fleet of buses I helped supply when new to the Venezuelan gubbermint.
Tuercas Viejas.

Buses in Venezuela -Metrobus

Hold on, where are you located?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom