Rolls Royce

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

radiovic

Car
2003 E320 cdi Avantgarde
Just typed 'Rolls Royce Problems' into Google
Page after page of the stuff

Makes me feel reassured!

Of course you seldom here from what is prob a majority of owners of all makes of cars --whose cars just keep on going with no major problems apart from service issues.

I think sometimes Mercedes owners tend to whinge on a bit about this and that prob with their car---often omitting to mention theres 200,000+ on the clock/it had a poor service history/was driven like a rally car/ u live in the 'hills' and the car has whacked every pothole invented on a daily basis/your the 10th owner/ or you bought it for 1000 quid and can't understand why thers a wee rattle or a faulty switch!

Just my views of course

Cheers
Vic

Of course you seldom here from what is prob a majority of owners of all makes of cars --whose cars just keep on going with no major problems apart from service issues.

Very true. Explains why most of my posts seem to be in relation to the competitions and other off-topic threads. Nothing ever seems to go wrong with my car - it just keeps on giving reliable service and driving pleasure week after week. Nice to be able to say that. :)

When a Rolls-Royce breaks down, they come out immediatley with a car transporter and cover it up, so I'm told, so no-one sees a broken down RR

Well I had another disastrous failure in my CLK yesterday. The seat belt button dropped off/broke. This meant I had to keep the car door open and fish around on the floor for the actual seat belt clip thing. :D

Cost about £1.20 to fix, though I may have been ripped off at that price.

:D

I've had my SLK for 18 months now and nothing has ever gone wrong, not even any niggles.

It's probably why my post count is so low :p

And my 1990 300-24 just keeps going. I must be doing something wrong :dk:

Besides routine servicing and tyres, all the Mercs I have owned have cost me nothing. Zilch.
That's why I have never had to start a thread about my car 'troubles'. Shame really because it's nice to have a good whinge now and again....

When a Rolls-Royce breaks down, they come out immediatley with a car transporter and cover it up, so I'm told, so no-one sees a broken down RR

Really ?

Is the transporter driven by Elvis with the Lock Ness Monster riding shotgun ? :crazy:

Of course all other cars have forums too. And I guarantee every single one of them will be filled with problems. The nature (generally) of a forum such as this one is, in the main, as a means of having a problem sorted.

Of course all other cars have forums too. And I guarantee every single one of them will be filled with problems. The nature (generally) of a forum such as this one is, in the main, as a means of having a problem sorted.

Yes, and to be honest is there such a thing as a "bad" car these days. Just some cars are not as good as others.

Certain makes of cars and models have specific faults. Mercedes cars lets face it, are not got the best body work. Rusty 6year old cars, just wasn't an issue with a BMW forum I was on.

Iffy gearbox's and blown turbos were...

Agreed ***. I have experienced head gasket issues on a few 6 cylinder BMs in my time.

Having said that, I have also had numerous build quality problems with MBs I've owned, but interestingly, only those built after 2000. The pre-2000 cars have had rust problems, but reliability and build has been impressive.

My 2003 £106k SL55 leaked like a sieve and bits of interior plastic just cracked and fell off on a regular occurence.

I have been driving my father-in-laws 2004 S320 CDI this past week and have suffered 4 separate electrical gremlins within a week!!! The wipers stopped working in the rain at night on the motorway - nice.

I don't even want to talk about the first generation A Class cars I've had experience of - they are a quality control joke.

Conversely, I actually tried and failed to destroy my Lexus IS, had it as a student, at a time when servicing a car seemed an inappropriate use of beer money. drove it 60k without getting it serviced and not one thing ever went wrong in it!

Lol...60k no service.

Thing is with Japanese cars is that they are reliable but when they break, its one thing after another. Bomb proof to a point, then the whole party comes and its bill after bill.

You never see a Japanese car with over 300k on it.

Lol...60k no service.

Thing is with Japanese cars is that they are reliable but when they break, its one thing after another. Bomb proof to a point, then the whole party comes and its bill after bill.

You never see a Japanese car with over 300k on it.

Beg to differ...HK is full of 300k+ miles Nissan Laurel and Toyota Qualis taxis and have seen a few 300k+ Lexus LS400s on ebay/autotrader

Also, the Landcruiser is well recognised as the only vehicle they trust in the Outback/deserts of the Middle East, hundreds of miles from civilisation.

My old honda accord had done 237,000 miles when I sold it. It had only ever received regular servicing and a front wishbone. I've owned 8 4x4's, 1 Unimog U1450(Which I still have), 3 Mitsubishi shoguns(fairly bombproof except head issues on early ones), 2 L200(tough as old boots), 2 Nissan Navara's (still got these and they're not a patch on Mitsubishi, comfy and powerful but with soft bellies). All the Jap vehicles had completed over 100,000 miles when I sold them with relatively little trouble (not sure the same will be true of the Nissans!). I rate Landcruisers very highly. Range Rovers are nice too, except the RR Sport which is just pointless.

Last edited:
Landcruiser? Try Hi-lux.....

I've had a couple of Rangies, but am not enamered by their reliabilty, there's always something going wrong.

On the positive side, there is not one car/4x4 in the world I would rather spend my time in more than the current Range Rover. If they say your heart beats slower in a Merc, try sitting in a Range, you'll virtually need to be resuscitated!

I don't accept the Sport as a genuine Range Rover product. Interior is made from substandard materials and it is essentially a tarted up Discovery, only less practical/capable and with a more naff image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom