Ron Dennis

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
giving up hands on running of part of the empire he still has ownership in, would hardly be described as era ending.

Wonder if the F1 team corporate backers felt Ron Dennis was still "tainted" with the 2007 "Spygate" affair to be the public face of McLAREN for this coming season. However with his protege Lewis Hamilton winning the championship in 2008 it is perhaps a opportune time to bow out gracefully. Who knows??

Last edited:
Probably doesnt mind too much either way. He can put his feet up now and relax. He has earnt that.
I am sure he has a bob or two tucked away and wont struggle when the gas bill hits the mat.

now correct me if I am wrong, but it says "stands down from McLaren F1", but remains in charge of the McLaren group. It does not say retire!

He won't have any more time on his hands, but he will be able to give more time to the other side of the company whilst the racing team gets on with its job.

I guess he will be making sure the other divisions within McLaren will be able to support the F1 racing business.

The McLaren group has a number of off shoots, that supply all other F1 teams. They are even making the car for another team, or at least a big chuck of it.

giving up hands on running of part of the empire he still has ownership in, would hardly be described as era ending.

How many years has he been wandering around the grid at the start of an F1 race? Too many for me to count. That's what I mean by the end of an era. He will virtually disappear from the public eye and his presence will be missed, by me at least.

Have a friend who works at the Woking factory and says that Dennis is fanatical to the point of O.C.D. about tidiness, facial hair on employees etc. mmmmmmmmm did Alonso have a beard whilst he was there??

I think he's 'washing his hands' off it all.....:D

Shame to hear about this , i just hope Mclaren will be just as successful as last year.

He was going to step down last year but decide to stay after all the problems in 2007. He wanted to be there when Lewis won his first title. He has now done that, so its time to take a back seat from f1 and concentrate on the rest of the buisness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom