Roof bars for 205 2017 C Class Estate

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

I have done a forum search but can’t find any of relevance.

I want to purchase a pair of roof bars. Question is do I pay the extra to go original MB or do I go aftermarket? The bars will be just for very occasional uses and will not be a permanent fixture.

I’m concerned aftermarket bars may not fit as well as MB’s and could leave a mark on my perfect black roof rails.

Am I overthinking this as usual? Any recommendations and/or thoughts appreciated.

Ant. 👍

I have done a forum search but can’t find any of relevance.

I want to purchase a pair of roof bars. Question is do I pay the extra to go original MB or do I go aftermarket? The bars will be just for very occasional uses and will not be a permanent fixture.

I’m concerned aftermarket bars may not fit as well as MB’s and could leave a mark on my perfect black roof rails.

Am I overthinking this as usual? Any recommendations and/or thoughts appreciated.

Ant. 👍
Personally, Ant I'd go for O.E. you know there gonna fit perfect, and look good. :) 👍

Go original equipment. They are as well made as the Thule, because Thule make them, but they do fit a teensy weensy bit better, and they have the MB logo on them.

The bad news: OEM will probably leave minor marks on your perfect roof rails - based on my experience of them with S211 and S212.

Buy used. It's eco, CO2 efficient, and even saves cash. There are a lot of immaculate bars out there, looking or a new home.

I wouldn't advise climbing up there to fit them yourself, not with your track record.

I have the mb bars for our 205 saloon and I have to say I think they are worth the money.
Mb Newcastle ebay shop was the cheapest I found.

Ordered ✅

Thank you @Fununcle and all. 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom