Roof Bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OGiii

Car
W211 E200 K - they don't make em like they used to, which is why it's been replaced with a 911 :)
I could do with a couple of roof bars for Mrs OG's W202 Estate.

Don't want to spend loads because they probably won't be used a lot. Can anybody recommend something other than the MB originals.

Many thanks
OG

By the way, the car does have the roof rails already!

Cheers
OG

Saw a w124 with Thule bars on ,they seem to fit very well on the rails, think you can get them from (dare i say Halfrauds)

Keep an eye on e-bay or try getting some Thule ones from somewhere other than the dealer. Thule actually make them for MB.

Try this: Roofrack Warehouse

Thanks for replies guys.

I'll have a look in Halfords, Robert, to see if they have any 'budget' ones.

The roofrack warehouse is interesting Jimmy - looks like you can get 2 bars and 'feet' for £75. A second hand set of those would probably be ideal.

Cheers
OG

I have a pair of roof bars that clamp onto the stock roof rails (they may well be thule ones I'm not sure they came with the car)

I'll probably never use them and they are just gathering dust at the moment. All the fittings (clamps etc) are there.

Not sure how to get them to you - they are big enough for postage to be a pain.

If you can collect, arrange collection or cover postage/packing costs and the price of a couple of beers then you are welcome to them.

Are you going to the GTG next weekend? I can always take them along to that.

Let me know

Andy

Thanks very much Andy.

I'm near Manchester so a bit of a pain to collect and unfortunately I can't make the GTG.

Parcels2go will collect them (as long as they're less than 4' long?!?) and costs £8.99+VAT.

If I posted you/bank trans/paypal etc you say £25 would you be OK with that?

Thanks again Andy - shows the true spirit of the club/board.

Cheers
OG

call it £20 and you've got a deal :)

annie is just pleased that they are not going to be cluttering up the house any more :)

sent you the details in a pm.

Andy

You're a gent Andy.

You got PM and Paypal:)

Cheers
OG

Just wanted to add my 2p's worth :)
I think you made a fantastic choice, I've seen a few in the metallic blue and they are real eye catchers :)

I'm gagging at the bit for mine to arrive now (just over 3 weeks).
I went for the c class saloon 180, with the sports pack and avantegarde SE. Not sure I made a wise choice in the colour though (Obsidian Black). Having had a Civic Type-R in black for the last year and knowing how many times I had to clean it !!!

Anyway enjoy the car :)

It may be a pain, but black really does look the dogs when it is clean. Good choice!

Originally posted by Sgt_Solo
Not sure I made a wise choice in the colour though (Obsidian Black). Having had a Civic Type-R in black for the last year and knowing how many times I had to clean it !!!

Anyway enjoy the car :)

Just look at Aletank's Gallery ;)

I'm always a sucka for Black. Sometimes I reckon Meguairs would go out of business if it wasn't for me :)

Just look at Aletank's Gallery

Just had a look, at that is the bee's biscuits !
Sweet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom