roof bars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ROBO

This summer I plan to travel into France with the family. Having two children we are considering how much we need to take etc, etc. I have a universal roof box that I used on a freelander so it is a strong consideration that we might have to take that. My E270 has mounting points for roof bars and I made some enquiries about options today, I know that Thule make bars for my car however they appear quite expensive. Whilst I will pay for Thule bars if necessary, I was wondering if any other members have looked at roof bars and maybe could recommend an alternative quality manufacturer to compare or even recommend a company to purchase items from.

Thank in advance for any recommendations.

Robo.

Unlike Ikea;) :devil:

pmsl :D :D

We got Thule for the Laguna. Expensive yes - but thinking what we need them to do I think worth the investment. Same for the top box :rolleyes:

Unlike Ikea;) :devil:

Ikea kitchens (at the least the stuff I purchased) was well designed and strong.

I wouldn't want (@110Kg) to get too amorous on an Ikea bed however.

Sorry young man, but not quite so.

The AB on the end means Actiabolaget thats Swedish for Ltd. In Finland they use Oy

Yes, Hydraulicska Industri AB, but they were merged with a Finnish Oy;)

Right around the same time, across the water in Raisio, Finland, a foundation was being created for Hiab’s second pillar of support. Finland’s Mikko, Mauno and Martti Terho had established Multilift Oy, a manufacturer of demountables, and even before starting the business the men had developed and patented a mechanical, cablelift demountable for trucks. The product was successful also on international markets.

I'll give you one thing though, Ulrikakakakaka comes from there and she's fit.
(Well, used to be on gladiators):D

Yes, Hydraulicska Industri AB, but they were merged with a Finnish Oy;)

Right around the same time, across the water in Raisio, Finland, a foundation was being created for Hiab’s second pillar of support. Finland’s Mikko, Mauno and Martti Terho had established Multilift Oy, a manufacturer of demountables, and even before starting the business the men had developed and patented a mechanical, cablelift demountable for trucks. The product was successful also on international markets.

Tack, det fines ingen mer, att jag kan säya

Hej Då

I'll give you one thing though, Ulrikakakakaka comes from there and she's fit.
(Well, used to be on gladiators):D

You've not seen her recently then :D :D

Inget problem. Bryta är ATLAS och göras i Tyskland, på något sätt.

PMSL :):) I thought that I was going to get told off for using a foreign language.

I did wonder if ATLAS was Swedish or German, thanks Grav

I was told that you have a very nice sense of humour

I've bough several items (incl Thule roof bars) from this compay http://www.roofbox.co.uk/. They were cheap and offered a good service, knew what they were talking about and when I had some product (not Thule) issues were very responsive.

Certainly cheaper then Halfrauds.

PS No commercial connection.

PMSL :):) I thought that I was going to get told off for using a foreign language.

I did wonder if ATLAS was Swedish or German, thanks Grav

I was told that you have a very nice sense of humour

;) :D

Wildeshausen to be precise.

Anyway, back on topic;)

Pay the extra and go for the Thule.

I've just spend £250 on a set of Thule aero roof bars and two roof mounted bike holders for the CLK. The quality is excellent and I can't fault the product.

I looked for cheaper alternatives but it wasn't worth damaging the car let alone the bikes for the sake of some cheap roof bars.

Agree with above Thule are the business,

You can add all sorts of attachments. kits for canoes, bikes, skis etc.

OOh and you can always change the feet if you swap cars and keep the bars.

Keep checking on Fleabay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom