Roof box for w211 saloon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

350cls

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E55k AMG Sold / S211 E320 CDI I6 W212 E63 6.2 N/A saloon.
Any recommendations for a roofbox for w211 E saloon. Heading off in the summer want to carry some extra equipment mostly beech stuff/garden toys. Don't want top top draw type a mid range should do fine. Thanks

Last year I've bought Kamei Corvara 475 for my 211 and didn't regret it. Box is huge, very silent and can be opened on both sides. Due to its size it should be lifted by two persons on a roof bars but fixing is very easy and secure. Quality of plastic is excellent. Once it's fixed it looks very nice on e class.

Last year I've bought Kamei Corvara 475 for my 211 and didn't regret it. Box is huge, very silent and can be opened on both sides. Due to its size it should be lifted by two persons on a roof bars but fixing is very easy and secure. Quality of plastic is excellent. Once it's fixed it looks very nice on e class.

Top quality box you have, i been looking at them. I'm unsure if I want to spend £450 500 plus to be honest.

Been looking at the Hapro Traxer 4.6. Comes with Atera Aluminium roof bars also, all in £360 ish. Roofbox company may stick to that price range.

Thanks for the info MD

Last edited:
Have a check on auction sites and look for private sales not ex-hire ones. Kamei is not so popular like Thule hence has much lower prices and will fit any Mercedes.

Great info Thanks MD. I will update the thread when I decide what is the best option for me.

Thanks

Tom

p.s. I may see you in Essex from time to time that's the County I live also lol.

350, where in essex you from?

i recently bought a 2nd hand exodus roof box and genuine roof bars, massive box and hardly any noise, ebay is a good place to start

350, where in essex you from?

i recently bought a 2nd hand exodus roof box and genuine roof bars, massive box and hardly any noise, ebay is a good place to start

Hi Alps,

thanks for the heads up will have a looksy on ebay. Between Brentwood and Billericay if that narrows it down lol. Didn't want to give to much info openly on the forum. Never know who's looking in ;)

Where in Essex do you let your beast loose?

We will have to compare roofboxes and E55 lol.

That fitting kit looks a bargain!

There are usually plenty of roofboxes on ebay locally (or gumtree) that have had very little use. I suspect they will hold their value secondhand (like Lego!)

I got a Thule 200 that had had very little use for about half price new. Get a fitting kit before you buy the box, otherwise its tricky to collect the box!

That fitting kit looks a bargain!

There are usually plenty of roofboxes on ebay locally (or gumtree) that have had very little use. I suspect they will hold their value secondhand (like Lego!)

I got a Thule 200 that had had very little use for about half price new. Get a fitting kit before you buy the box, otherwise its tricky to collect the box!

Cheers DrNick, good info.

Had a look in halfords today at a 200 Thule model in black on its on £229.99 Which i thought ok. Untill the service assistant said i need roofbars when he priced them up it come up fitted £469.00. The roof bars are just as expensive as the box. That was inclusive of a £30.00 fitting fee. I think i may go with the roofbox company as quite a few deals they are offering at the moment. Or like you or MD and Alps has suggested look for the bars and the box on auction sites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom