Roof down/sub-zero

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I remember that (with a friend), I could drop the roof in under ten seconds on my Stag.
The SLC takea 20 seconds.
Have to say, I still prefer the ease of the SLC!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ejcwmfBKswAUAYhg8

Great pic! Totally takes me back to my Stag days., Wish I had a time machine.

I was always pretty particular about stowing my soft top. But here's the thing, when your roof stops working on your SLC, lucky Stag owners will still be freezing their .........s off topless in the winter!!

LG.

Whilst we did have a SLK a dozen years ago, we now have a Defender.
I does a reasonably good impression of a top down car, with hat, coat and gloves required on any winter journey......:rolleyes:

Great pic! Totally takes me back to my Stag days., Wish I had a time machine.

I was always pretty particular about stowing my soft top. But here's the thing, when your roof stops working on your SLC, lucky Stag owners will still be freezing their .........s off topless in the winter!!

LG.
Stags have a huge black roll bar when roof is dropped, often wonder if it effects the sun tan?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Was out at the weekend in my mates RS5 with the roof down!

I remember that (with a friend), I could drop the roof in under ten seconds on my Stag.
The SLC takea 20 seconds.
Have to say, I still prefer the ease of the SLC!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ejcwmfBKswAUAYhg8

In my yoof, it was said I could “drop my trousers, in under ten seconds” given the right company.

Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm picking up the TVR in a couple of weeks for it's annual MOT and service session and the roof will be off unless it is raining :)

Attachments

• Ringo Front Side.jpg
    Ringo Front Side.jpg
    387.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Ringo Front.jpg
    Ringo Front.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 6
I go most places in the SL with the top down, quite used to it after owning a cobra replica for many years. I have driven the cobra from Midlands to Kent in the snow before, one Christmas, while wearing a Santa hat. Had some strange looks on the M6 that day. If it got really cold in the cobra I used to wrap a single electric blanket round me powered by an inverter from the cigar socket, toasty warm!

In my yoof, it was said I could “drop my trousers, in under ten seconds” given the right company.

Just saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In your stag days I assume Ted.... LOL!!!

Reactions: Ted
I’m just mindful of the guidance in the owners manual , lest I crack the plastic windows in the soft top .

Yup that's the main factor for me (having had the plastic windows replaced a few years ago).

No, just the illumination.
The deflector is permanently up - and is a good solid fit, but prevents the airguides folding fully.
I’ll probably do a bit of a mod to allow the airguides to fold properly in the summer.
Other than a reflection from oncoming traffic in the dark, I’m pretty pleased with it.
Very nice, is the wind deflector electrically operated in the SLC?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom