roof not working, central lock, boot etc 2002 sl 500 new shape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigmckenzie

Car
sl500 2002 new shape
hi guys , desperate advice needed, i have had my sl500 for 2 years and its only done 28000 miles but roof wont work, central locking, electirc boot, radio comes on but no sound. i have been advised its a water ingress problem on the model year and that causes problems in the bot with the pumps etc.and so the system doesnt communicate properly etc. numerous attempts to get merc to sort it but even tho merc dealer checked and said merc should foot the bill they still want me to pay 500 quid to have car in again to water test and report to merc before they make a decision.think its outrageous really for a 60k car. Cn anyone advise me on a way to do it myself or check the pumps, or where to get one from. Any advice would be very welcome.Thanks guys.:( :rock:

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, I have the same car, same year and mileage
yours is a many fold problem, water has got in and is shorting out the PSE pump, that is the one under the roof pump in the boot in the foam casing, the chances are that if you feel this it will be wet. This will have to be lifted out and dried off before anything else.

Te chances of help from MB now are small, but you may get some 14% max towards the cost.

OK you have logged out but I could tell you some things that you could do

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom