Roof rack for bikes recommendations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gr4z

Car
C350 CDI Sport Saloon 2011
Hi
I now have had my 2011 C350 for about 6 months and love it, but am still using the GF's Focus with a roof rack for transporting mine and the kids bikes around.

Can anyone recommend a good roof rack (Thule, Whispbar, MB OEM) and 4 bike racks (Thule, Mont Blanc, ??).

I guess the Thule would make the most sense as I can reuse on different cars with the different fixings, however, am sure the OEM from MB would look the best. How easy & quick are they to fit?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

Last edited:
Worth looking out for a set of Merc bars on eBay, they do come up now and then.

Great thanks - I have the panoramic sunroof as well so believe I need these instead Thule Roof Racks and Bars for Mercedes C Class (W204) Saloon with fixpoint with glass sun roof (2007 +)

Anyone tried the new 'slide' or 'wing' bars instead of the aeros?

How easy are they to fit?

Cheers

I'm also in te market for a roof mounted bike rack kit, and the slide out bars seem ideal, but cost more than twice as much as the aeros IIRC.

I think the wing was about the same as the aero.

Do these things take ages to fit? My last ones (albeit cheap ones from Halfords) are a complete ball ache to fit on the Focus.

ride the bikes , leave the car at home , simples

Do these things take ages to fit? My last ones (albeit cheap ones from Halfords) are a complete ball ache to fit on the Focus.

Just screw the fixing posts in, nip up with spanner, drop the bars on, tighten nuts and replace lockable cover.

I have my two bike carriers permanently attached to the bars and the whole lot takes no more than 10-15 mins to fit or remove.

Why not ask the professionals ? :eek:

overloaded_truck.jpg

Hi
I now have had my 2011 C350 for about 6 months and love it, but am still using the GF's Focus with a roof rack for transporting mine and the kids bikes around.

Can anyone recommend a good roof rack (Thule, Whispbar, MB OEM) and 4 bike racks (Thule, Mont Blanc, ??).

I guess the Thule would make the most sense as I can reuse on different cars with the different fixings, however, am sure the OEM from MB would look the best. How easy & quick are they to fit?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

How about the Handirack for £49.99

Funny advert - contortionist roof rack problem - YouTube

Keep your eyes on the Handirack !!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom