Roof Rails for Vito SWB

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonny705

Car
Vito 120
Morning could anyone point on the right direction to get some chrome roof rails for my Vito?

I have a leak in roof and suspect it is from one of the blanked off holes in the roof so though I might as well get some roof rails and some marine grade silicone to fix then.

Plus I can tie my Inflatable Kayak to them when I go on Holiday :)

I have found these : BRUSHED ALUMINIUM ROOF RAILS SIDE SET Mercedes VITO/W639 SWB 2003-2014 | eBay

I guess main dealer ones would be a horrific cost.

Main dealers around £300.
Buy used on ebay, you can fit the long as compacts never come up, the end needs cutting down and refit the plastic end, all easy enough.

Dear Zenman , you seem to be a fountain of all knowledge regarding these Vito's!

I had looked at them on the Bay, and found some used ones, but indeed they were all for the larger vans , as the SWB ,I guess is relatively rare.

But will look now and simply cut them down then - thanks mate. :)

Your Compact Vito isn't SWB, by the way! It has the same wheelbase as the Long.

I like the look of roof rails but the slight increase in height would potentially cause an issue with some car parks round here that ours just gets in to now.

Well I did drive under a car park by me with about an inch clearance , so was going really slow, then about 25 meters in, the ceiling either was lower or the floor was higher as I hit the roof :(

But lucky to only scratch it, but I thought if I had of had some of those rails at least it would have hit them first and protected it.

Just looked on the bay and around £150 used in black only , but the ones in my link are cheapo looking TBH where the genuine ones are pretty sturdy looking and lower , don't particularly want higher ones in case you get wind noise.

Just looks like there should be something in the 'recess' on roof like trim or something , but just looked at a few for sale and they are the same as mine.

Not too worried about fixing the leak as have used marine grade Sikaflex on holes etc, and as its meant for boats/sea water /flexing , it's the business and never leaks or fails.

Will try the online breaker quote thing next :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom