Rooney's Tactics for today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As my dear old Mum used to say (in a Father Ted accent)

"You can tell what God thinks of money, look at the people He gives it to".

bd8a5730.jpg

for me i have lost interest in football, the money earned doesnt sit well with me, god complex attitude of guys in their early twenties earning in one week what i earn in a year getting their names in the papers for getting some stupid fame seeking girlies airtight in some hotel room after a night spending 5k on champagne. Do me a favour.
not to mention Stephen Irelands Bentley Continental GT, the one with a VW engine ;) bought for his fiance OMG!!!
Stephen Ireland buys girlfriend unique Bentley - Auto Trader UK - News and Reviews Hub

I am not jealous, i just dont like thick people getting bored of thinking of different ways to spend money in a ostentacious manner during a recession. Its just bad taste.

where is the hunger (when playing for England) when money is no object???

Anyway rant over, in honour of our favourite marque lets all sing together

Deutschland, Deutschland über alles:D:D:D

Like I recommended to Smarties, try the lower Leagues.
Real football there.

TV techonology proved conclusively that England were sh1te.

The England team are flying back to Glasgow airport where they'll receive a hero's welcome.

goodness me there is some bitterness on this site today.

Fellas, it's football, something that this nation will always love dearly, and something where we can all get behind our national team every 2 years or so. a bit of fun thats all, the inevitable heartbreak is all part of the event.

Remember if you don't like it then you are in the minority, I hope none of you english posters have children, the sheer negativity will make them ill.

Frank Lampard missed....

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 73
England, Scotland and Wales should make a team that way Scotland and Wales stand a good chance of actaully getting into the world cup instead of just failing and getting jelous of England all the time, lol.

Did hear a rather intriguing theory today that had just enough plausibility to be worth thinking about. England were said to be "tired" by their manager and certainly looked it on the field of play. They had spent quite a bit of time -6 weeks I believe- in a location to acclimatise to playing at high altitude. If this wasn't done correctly then it could be counter productive putting an immense strain on the body's recouperative powers- couple this to a long arduous season pre world cup and you do have a recipe for tired jaded performance. The United States evidently just got off the plane and started to play. Maybe the short term extra strain they experienced in the match was less taxing than England's 6 weeks training at high altitude?

goodness me there is some bitterness on this site today.

Fellas, it's football, something that this nation will always love dearly, and something where we can all get behind our national team every 2 years or so. a bit of fun thats all, the inevitable heartbreak is all part of the event.

Remember if you don't like it then you are in the minority, I hope none of you english posters have children, the sheer negativity will make them ill.
Bitterness??? These ‘players’ are treated like God’s and paid handsomely to represent their country on the public stage. They have humiliated us as a sporting nation and there is every indication that they do not give a damn. I fail to see how we can be light-hearted about this.

Last edited:
England, Scotland and Wales should make a team that way Scotland and Wales stand a good chance of actaully getting into the world cup instead of just failing and getting jelous of England all the time, lol.

The problem isn't jealousy.

I don't think the English are even slightly aware of how much the media coverage disenfranchises the non England parts of the UK.

To understand this think about how the UK media would cover just Scotland or Wales getting to the finals.

Terms like 'nation', 'national', 'our', and 'we' wouldn't be used as if Scotland or Wales was a synonym for the UK as a whole. Advertising and promotions aimed at a Scottish audience would be less likely to appear south of the UK.

When Scotland and England have reached the finals thanks to the media coverage I can always name more of the England team than the Scottish team.

If you're English you'll probably never notice this bias and moreover you'll never feel it.

This doesn't excuse the those who just want England to lose regardless. But it goes some way to explaining it how deep seated it is.

And for those of us from this side of the border who do support the England team when it plays abroad .... well we're rewarded with the same disappointing performances as those from south of the border without getting caught up in the hype that precedes them.

They have humiliated us as a sporting nation and there is every indication that they do not give a damn. I fail to see how we can be light-hearted about this.

My comment this year was here we go again - it's the 'usual suspects'.

We can all be armchair managers. But it seems madness to reuse the same top players who have underachieved (again and again) previously. If I were in charge I would have sselected some fresh hungry faces and left a good number of the usual suspects back home.

The problem is deep rooted and I wont go into it all.

But basically the English are over paid prima donnas.

Not one of them had any more skill than the opposition and were too slow.
That is the individuals problem.
The fact that the coach played them wrong is another issue.

We really need to go back to basics, which sadly English football will never do.

Next step. Drop at least half that team and replace with under 23 year olds.
Sod it why play has beens.

PS. the rest of the UK can carry on dreaming, you will never qualify.

EDITED

sad really.
More to come though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom