Rotalla Tyres - Anybody Had THEM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, CLK350 'Vert, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
I'm looking for new 245/40/18 tyres for the E500, and I much prefer tyres with a low noise rating. Scrolling down through Camskill's long, long list, I came across this:

Fuel efficiency is fine, wet grip is fine (not rated A, but B is acceptable), noise level is as low as it gets in this size.

On the other hand, they're Chinese and filthy cheap, so they must be Ditchfinder rubbish, no? Not according to the numbers, they're not... I have an open mind on Chinese tyres.

I've only found one Mercedes review, for a 2012 C250 on 225/50/18s:

..."on a combination of roads for 10,000 easy going miles. Recently installed in my Mercedes C250, replacing Michelins, honestly I don't feel any big difference in the drive quality. Comfort is very good. Noise is also very low. So far no complain on the grip. I would definitely buy them again."

Has anybody on here had them on a big Mercedes, and if so, how did you find them?

Last edited:
No idea.... but just to say that tyre noise levels generally range from 69 to 71 db, so 69 db isn't uncommon, for example my Dunlop Sport BluResponse are rated 69 db. There should be quite a choice of tyres with this noise rating.

Can’t comment for your car but I’ve got some Nexen N’Fera for my E320cdi , A rated in the wet and 69db . I paid £62 each from Camskill or Tyreleader last month .
My Dad has had Nexen’s on his V8 Jag which I’ve driven and I can’t praise them highly enough

No idea.... but just to say that tyre noise levels generally range from 69 to 71 db, so 69 db isn't uncommon, for example my Dunlop Sport BluResponse are rated 69 db. There should be quite a choice of tyres with this noise rating.

Not in 245/40/18, I'm afraid; only four. That surprised me, too.

Can’t comment for your car but I’ve got some Nexen N’Fera for my E320cdi , A rated in the wet and 69db . I paid £62 each from Camskill or Tyreleader last month .
My Dad has had Nexen’s on his V8 Jag which I’ve driven and I can’t praise them highly enough.

Rated at 72 db, though, so not for me if the numbers are correct. That may be a big if....

The most expensive tyre on the site, a Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect at three times the price, has a worse wet grip rating. Perhaps it's a dry track day tyre?

Last edited:
My Mini has Rottala tyres at the front-bought it with those on, not bad on dry roads but on moist and wet I’m getting a lot of wheel spin 🤣 (love that Mini) and it’s sort of flaking on the edges so for the RWD Merc I would avoid them tbh.
Another vote here for Nexen, I have them in a winter setup for S212 and the tyres are just perfect.

I put 4 recently on a c250 cdi. Can't complain tbh. Good in the dry and the wet . I never saw the traction light flash. Absolutely shocking in a bit snow mind .

I'd definitely buy them again.

Cheaper here 3 days from Germany . Rotalla Setula S-Race RU01. Only 45.70 £

Last edited:
Not in 245/40/18, I'm afraid; only four. That surprised me, too.

Rated at 72 db, though, so not for me if the numbers are correct. That may be a big if....

The most expensive tyre on the site, a Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect at three times the price, has a worse wet grip rating. Perhaps it's a dry track day tyre?
still 69db for mine :D

The 245/40/18 is rated at 72db, though.

Decibels are measured from outside the car. If the cars got decent sound proofing you won't even notice. I didn't find them noisy at all.

I put 4 recently on a c250 cdi. Can't complain tbh. Good in the dry and the wet . I never saw the traction light flash. Absolutely shocking in a bit snow mind. I'd definitely buy them again.

Cheaper here 3 days from Germany . Rotalla Setula S-Race RU01. Only 45.70 £

:oops::oops: Hell's teeth, that's cheap!! We southern softies don't get much snow down here, either.

What's the tyre size you use, though? If the noise level varies so much between sizes, so may other performance parameters.

I can't comment on how good the soundproofing is in the S211 in absolute terms, but on recently-laid, quiet tarmac it is noticeably noisier inside than on older, noisier surfaces.

:oops::oops: Hell's teeth, that's cheap!! We southern softies don't get much snow down here, either.

Think I shoed my c250 for £168 . If you go on you tube there's a guy driving a c63 with them fitted . He drives it hard and it did cope rather well. Obviously not as good as a £200 a corner tyre.

It is pretty much.

What's the tyre size you use, though? If the noise level varies so much between sizes, so may other performance parameters.

I can't comment on how good the soundproofing is in the S211 in absolute terms, but on recently-laid, quiet tarmac it is noticeably noisier inside than on older, noisier surfaces.
That site is a clone of mytyres, I think I’ve seen several tyre websites that are all under that main company. Prices sometimes vary by a few £ here and there, maybe they have different deals/discount codes from time to time etc. My tyres also sell on eBay, which can be handy when they have the 10/20% off deals etc :thumb:

225 40 18 And 255 35 18 .

Well I have had Rotalla on the Citroen when I bought it they were ok,but given you have a E500 I would look at the Nexen Suv4 on my S they were hard wearing,that tyre was fitted to Porsche 4x4 from new.

Dennis - if you don’t want premium brands then these are the next best thing (IMO) ;) I have them on my C32 and very very rarely see the TC light so that tells you something :)

69dB also :)

I once bought an XF S with a full set of tyres on that were classed as “budget” (the name does escape me) that the owner had said he’d done so because they were top rated for things like dB etc and having checked, he was quite correct iirc both ratings were “A”.

All was well until I turned right out of a junction for the first time in light rain - holy moly! It didn’t seem to matter how lightly you pressed the pedal, the back end just kept kicking out.

I suppose the moral of the story is that those ratings only tell half the story...

I'm not fussed what I fit if it does the job I want. The Falkens are a possibility, but their fuel economy rating is poor.

£354 😬😬 thats 2 sets of rotallas 😁😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom