Rotalla Tyres - Anybody Had THEM?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
One on different corners front and rear?

I'll get my coat too...

Now that's plain silly.

Obviously the way to go it Rotalla on one side and Goodyear on the other.

(I already have my coat on)

Now that's plain silly.

Obviously the way to go it Rotalla on one side and Goodyear on the other.

(I already have my coat on)

that be ideal set up for doing doughnuts :)

Why buy an expensive car and scrimp on the only things that make contact with the road ?

Would you buy an expensive suit and wear plimsoles with it because they are cheaper than good shoes ?

I tend to value not having an accident more than saving a few quid - especially factoring in an insurance excess or worse.

Are you suggesting that budget tyres deserve to be on some vehicles but not others?

Why buy an expensive car and scrimp on the only things that make contact with the road ?

Would you buy an expensive suit and wear plimsoles with it because they are cheaper than good shoes ?

I tend to value not having an accident more than saving a few quid - especially factoring in an insurance excess or worse.

Read the whole of the thread. Cost is not a factor.

the thing is your £200 a corner Michelins will bring you to a sudden stop in the wet , but the bloke behind shod with £50 rotallas smashes into your back end because you stopped too soon , so you see ,even good tyres have their downfalls. :)

the thing is your £200 a corner Michelins will bring you to a sudden stop in the wet , but the bloke behind shod with £50 rotallas smashes into your back end because you stopped too soon , so you see ,even good tyres have their downfalls. :)
At least he's the one losing his excess.....

Are you suggesting that budget tyres deserve to be on some vehicles but not others?
No. The OP has an E500 and asked a question.

I watched the video posted above and concluded that the Contis were better and more predictable that the cheaper tyres.

FWIW - I firmly believe that every driver has a duty of care to others by using the best tyres, brakes etc. as they can. Regardless of the vehicle type or cost.

No. The OP has an E500 and asked a question.

I watched the video posted above and concluded that the Contis were better and more predictable that the cheaper tyres.

FWIW - I firmly believe that every driver has a duty of care to others by using the best tyres, brakes etc. as they can. Regardless of the vehicle type or cost.

Isn't this requirement met by using car parts that meet the UK standards as required by law?

Isn't this requirement met by using car parts that meet the UK standards as required by law?
There is legal, better and best in class.

Ultimately, that choice rests with the end user and their decision.

At least he's the one losing his excess.....

He won't be though. He saved £400 on the excess buying rotallas . :)

It's got Contis on the front and Yujins on the rear at the moment, and I don't get no oversteer. Maybe I'm not trying hard enough...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Remember its a c63 and he's trying hard to derail the car on a soaking wet track.
I wouldn't really mind all that lap speed stuff, or even the wet braking etc. Not on a C180 driven like an old nun. My only concern would be his reference to the Rotalla tyres being 'unpredictable'. That's probably the last thing I want from my tyres if I make a mistake and end-up in a tight spot.

I've never driven an old nun, but I suspect she could be a bit unpredictable too....

I wouldn't really mind all that lap speed stuff, or even the wet braking etc. Not on a C180 driven like an old nun. My only concern would be his reference to the Rotalla tyres being 'unpredictable'. That's probably the last thing I want from my tyres if I make a mistake and end-up in a tight spot.

Who drives like that on our roads in a c63 . Its pretty obvious even to a banjo playing hill billy that if you fit cheapo tyres like that to a fire breathing monster like a c63 and go on a rampage the tyre feel is gonna be unpredictable. The idiot doing the test should of used a family car to do the test and judged the tyres fairly. I had them fitted to a 204 bhp 500 nm c250 and didn't have any issues wet or dry ... because I wasn't trying to lose control. This guy was...

Who drives like that on our roads in a c63 . Its pretty obvious even to a banjo playing hill billy that if you fit cheapo tyres like that to a fire breathing monster like a c63 and go on a rampage the tyre feel is gonna be unpredictable. The idiot doing the test should of used a family car to do the test and judged the tyres fairly. I had them fitted to a 204 bhp 500 nm c250 and didn't have any issues wet or dry ... because I wasn't trying to lose control. This guy was...

I fully agree.

As per my previous post... my only worry would be potentially being caught-out when an unexpected tight manoeuvre is required - but everything else wouldn't affect me.

Sounds interesting:

Apparently they are made by QINGDAO DITRIP TYRE CO. LTD in Qingdao, China.
Qingdao city is a home of Tsingtao beer so the tyres must be as good as a beer produced there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom