Rotating noise coming from front wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

38FP

Car
C63 AMG
Any ideas?

What do you mean by 'Rotating noise'?

Is it a grinding noise, does it do it constantly at all speeds or just under braking?

Does it do it reverse? Could be a stone stuck in the brakes

Found it!!! Big fat screw in the brakes :-(

Found it!!! Big fat screw in the brakes :-(
I'll avoid the typical comment of "that's what holds the calliper in place" and instead say that I hope it hasn't scored the disc too much.

So glad I did not drive it to Chamonix, local roads the pot holes were like craters!!!

Glad you found it.
Usually abit of hunting will uncover the problem.

A while back, one of my front tyres picked up a screw as I pulled off from some traffic lights. It got caught between the top of the tyre and the spring cup and made a god awful noise as I pulled away.

I pulled over and spotted it easily enough with a torch (it was in the evening) and removed it.

The worst thing to spot is half a brick stuck between the twin rear wheels of the truck in front of you.

:eek: Oh yes spotted one of them. I was not behind him for long. Pulled over immediately (A Road) and let him go "clomping" on his way

Glad you found it.
Usually abit of hunting will uncover the problem.

A while back, one of my front tyres picked up a screw as I pulled off from some traffic lights. It got caught between the top of the tyre and the spring cup and made a god awful noise as I pulled away.

I pulled over and spotted it easily enough with a torch (it was in the evening) and removed it.

Hope you had your shades on Rash. The bounce back from the torch glinting on your wheel arch liner could have blinded you. :p:D

Hope you had your shades on Rash. The bounce back from the torch glinting on your wheel arch liner could have blinded you. :p:D

Lol, indeed :D

This incident happened on one of those larger roundabouts with traffic lights, off an A road.

Went to pull away and heard the nasty noise that sounded like grinding. Got to the next set of lights on the roundabout and got out to investigate.

So there I was, torch in hand kneeling by my front drivers wheel. It was dark and quiet.

Soon enough, a car came round the roundabout. But the car stopped and some bloke got out..

He said something like "we can take your car down that road over there and it'll be easier to see what's wrong if you like.."

:crazy:

I said "er.. No, it's alright...", flicked the screw free and got my brown ass outta there! :eek:

Lol!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom