Rotors from C32 AMG fitting my C43 AMG???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
This is K-man from Sweden.
I need an advice about front rotors for my C43 AMG.
Last year I bought new C32, 4 pot front calipers.
I will remove my old ones for these new sexier looking calipers with the black stripe AMG logo.

Only thing missing are a set of rotors.
Does anyone recommend to buy OEM MB rotors which are drilled or is it better to buy PAGID solid rotors from Eurocarparts.com?
They cost less than 50 bux a rotor?
What ya recommending factory drilled or aftermarket Pagid non drilled rotors?
Or perhaps you know someother better brand for rotors?

I was thinking about these rotors?
Pagid Mercedes Benz | Euro Car Parts UK

Last edited:
Those are only 300mm - C43s are 334 (front) and 300 (rear) aren't they?

Those are only 300mm - C43s are 334 (front) and 300 (rear) aren't they?

yes I noticed Pagid's were sold with 2 different diameters, maybe I linked the wrong rotor, I foggot to check the specs for my linked rotor size?

yes, C43 has 334mm rotors and C32 has 345mm rotors in diameter.
these C32 rotors will be cheaper to replace in the future than C43 version.

maybe my braking will be degraded somehow, but I want that hot AMG sticker visible on my new calipers which C43 calipers doesn't show very good as on the newer cars!

I have CLK55 W209 brakes on the front of my C43, which i believe are the same as C32 one's.
They bolt straight on and just miss the wheels, i would use the MB discs and pads as they are very cheap compared to the C43 one's

Also they perform much better than the C43 one's especially on Track Days

I have CLK55 W209 brakes on the front of my C43, which i believe are the same as C32 one's.
They bolt straight on and just miss the wheels, i would use the MB discs and pads as they are very cheap compared to the C43 one's

Also they perform much better than the C43 one's especially on Track Days

yo buddy, I'm glad you told me about your setup.
How do you like it so far?
Braking, is it better with the new C32 stuff than stock C43 calipers/rotors?

Which rims do you have on your car?
Stock 17 inch?
My Brabus 18 inch monoblock V ET35 must clear the new calipers, what ya think?
Jey or nay?

Were you able to use the stock retainer bolt to bolt the rotor hub on your front axle?
On the american forums those people who did the mod said retainer bolt isn't nessecary and is out of sync with C43 pre-drilled hole?

I have bought US Akebono Euro ceramic pads highly recommended by US AMG owners!
These pads dust about nothing!

Can you snap a few close up shots for me of your caliper rim setup.
Please take a close up of the clearence between caliper and rim.
Thanx

yo buddy, I'm glad you told me about your setup.
How do you like it so far?
Braking, is it better with the new C32 stuff than stock C43 calipers/rotors?

Which rims do you have on your car?
Stock 17 inch?
My Brabus 18 inch monoblock V ET35 must clear the new calipers, what ya think?
Jey or nay?

Were you able to use the stock to bolt the rotor hub on your front axle?
On the american forums those people who did the mod said retainer bolt isn't nessecary and is out of sync with C43 pre-drilled hole?

I have bought US Akebono Euro ceramic pads highly recommended by US AMG owners!
These pads dust about nothing!

Can you snap a few close up shots for me of your caliper rim setup.
Please take a close up of the clearence between caliper and rim.
Thanx

The brakes work much better than the standard C43 one's, the retainer bolt for the disc/rotor is not used as the hole does not line up. You don't need it as the wheel holds the rotor on anyway. :thumb:
I use the standard 17" C43 wheel and the caliper just clears the wheel.

543.jpg

And this is a picture with the same brakes on my old Mercedes with the same wheel

919.jpg

thanks for your input buddy.

when you have mounted the C32 calipers, you had to switch them for bleeding purposees, which means piston orientation is wrong placed LEFT vs RIGHT side calipers!
Did you notice any strange behaviour in braking or any weird pad wear?

This is my wheel check the gap if my rims will clear these calipers?
My rims are ET35 all 4 corners
thanx

Last edited:
Yes you have to swop the calipers around because the CLK,C32 etc mount on the back of the hub and the C43 mounts on the front of the hub.
Makes no difference to the way they perform, and they bolt straight on :thumb:

As for if they clear your wheels, you will have to try mate. I would say from the picture that i think they will be ok ;)

Yes you have to swop the calipers around because the CLK,C32 etc mount on the back of the hub and the C43 mounts on the front of the hub.
Makes no difference to the way they perform, and they bolt straight on :thumb:

As for if they clear your wheels, you will have to try mate. I would say from the picture that i think they will be ok ;)

Thanks Justin.
That sounds good about my future modification, it will work out w/o any problems I guess.

Yeah I think my front wheels will clear my new C32 calipers, there's plenty of space between spoke and the C43 caliper, I guess it will be fine with my new calipers.

When you installed your brakepad wear sensors did u use the new wear sensors for C32 and connected them to your existing C43 wireloom?
No show brake failure illumination from your dash warninglights?

Are you using SS braided brakelines on your car?
Last year I bought new Goodridge lines fitted for C43 and E55 w210.
These are a bit longer than stock rubber lines, I had em' installed on my car last year.
Does C32 use the same size end fitting mounting parts on the new C32 calipers as on the C43 and E55 cars?

Which brand do u use on brakepads?
MB original Jurid pads are the best for our cars!

Thanx for your help :rock:

Last edited:
Thanks Justin.
That sounds good about my future modification, it will work out w/o any problems I guess.

Yeah I think my front wheels will clear my new C32 calipers, there's plenty of space between spoke and the C43 caliper, I guess it will be fine with my new calipers.

When you installed your brakepad wear sensors did u use the new wear sensors for C32 and connected them to your existing C43 wireloom?
No show brake failure illumination from your dash warninglights?

Are you using SS braided brakelines on your car?
Last year I bought new Goodridge lines fitted for C43 and E55 w210.
These are a bit longer than stock rubber lines, I had em' installed on my car last year.
Does C32 use the same size end fitting mounting parts on the new C32 calipers as on the C43 and E55 cars?

Which brand do u use on brakepads?
MB original Jurid pads are the best for our cars!

Thanx for your help :rock:

I used the original brake pad sensors i think, and bolted the original brake pad wiring loom and multiplug to the new caliper :thumb:
I used the original C43 brake hoses as they fitted straight on and original MB pads and discs

It is a very good conversion ;)

I used the original brake pad sensors i think, and bolted the original brake pad wiring loom and multiplug to the new caliper :thumb:
I used the original C43 brake hoses as they fitted straight on and original MB pads and discs

It is a very good conversion ;)

I bought new C32 pad wear sensors for my new calipers.
If there's any problem fitting these C32 wear sensors to my existing C43 loom I will then just do what you did and use the complete C43 sensor/loom combo.

Only thing I have to do is to get the new rotors!
Eurocarparst is selling brand new C43 rotors at a descent price, checking for C32 rotors they only offer aftermarket rotors??
Strange they don't have them in stock!

I bought new C32 pad wear sensors for my new calipers.
If there's any problem fitting these C32 wear sensors to my existing C43 loom I will then just do what you did and use the complete C43 sensor/loom combo.

Only thing I have to do is to get the new rotors!
Eurocarparst is selling brand new C43 rotors at a descent price, checking for C32 rotors they only offer aftermarket rotors??
Strange they don't have them in stock!

I think genuine MB discs/rotors are £75 each :thumb:

I think genuine MB discs/rotors are £75 each :thumb:

in Sweden they are the dubble of the UK price! :wallbash:
I was hoping to buy them from UK somehow?

On Friday I bought from Eurocarparts 2 new Lemförder LCA for my car, 25% BONANZA discount: total price including shipping was £251.86 = 2634 SKR for 1 pair of LCA! :thumb: :bannana:
I sawed a lot of doe here buying from UK, Yeeeeeeeeeeeeepeeeeeeeee!

Buying this kit from Swedish autoparts store would have cost me 7000 Skr :doh: :eek: :eek: :eek: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Total scam and rip off!!
I love UK for their competition between different autopart shops.
In Sweden shops are like in a criminal and illegal cartell fixing and keeping the prices high between the shops! :doh: :eek: :mad:
Weak and no price competition! :wallbash:

Last edited:
Everything else in the UK is a rip off mate :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We get poorer every year, everything goes up and up more than the rate of inflation, apart from our wages :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How much is petrol per litre in your country ??

Everything else in the UK is a rip off mate :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

We get poorer every year, everything goes up and up more than the rate of inflation, apart from our wages :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How much is petrol per litre in your country ??

1 litre of petrol is 14.22 SKr/litre depending on $ dollar fluxtutation =
£1.44/litre .
if I calculated correct?
$$$$ rate goes down gives expensive petrol price, $$$$ goes up petrol price is cheaper IIRC or maybe it was the other way around, can't remember?

I think UK prices for petrol are the most expensive in the EU IIRC?

About UK prices for autoparts, they are alot helluva cheaper than swedish mumbo jumbo fixed prices!
It's like the awesome Chris De Burgh song: Don't pay the ferryman, he's singing about fixed prices!
I always check on international sites before buying anything and calculate cost if it's worth buying abroad?
This time it was helluva lot better deal buying LEMFÖRDER LCA for my car from UK!
Yipeeeeeee kayeee mother father :bannana: I'm really happy for this deal!

Last edited:
I priced up all the components for this a while ago using the EPC and inchcape's online shop.

The calipers are £260 each assuming no discount from an MB parts counter. The wear parts are the same price as C43/CLK55 etc if not fractionally cheaper. I think with some hefty discount you could do the front brakes (calipers, pads and discs) for £500.

I don't think the 203/209 C32/C55/CLK55 rear brakes are much different to the 208 CLK55 so I wasn't going to bother with them ;)

I priced up all the components for this a while ago using the EPC and inchcape's online shop.

The calipers are £260 each assuming no discount from an MB parts counter. The wear parts are the same price as C43/CLK55 etc if not fractionally cheaper. I think with some hefty discount you could do the front brakes (calipers, pads and discs) for £500.

I don't think the 203/209 C32/C55/CLK55 rear brakes are much different to the 208 CLK55 so I wasn't going to bother with them ;)

I agree, no point in changing the rears, but the fronts are a big improvement :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom