Rough cost to remvove scratches and swirls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

reflexboy

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 CDi Sport&SLK250CDi AMG Sport
If there are any detailers reading this could you give me a rough price to polish out light scratches and swirls on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I only really need the scratches and swirls removed as I'm quite happy to clay, polish and wax it myself afterwards. I just think it's a bit of a waste to spend £170 on a DA polisher that I would probably only use once. Thanks.

Adam87 can do it for you. About £250 depending on how bad it is.

The question is would you be happy/confident enough to do it yourself with DA polisher?

If you are then why not buy a DA, do the work yourself then offer it for sale second hand/used once.

There always appears to be a market for these (half thinking about 1 myself).

You may loose £40/£50 but this will probably work out cheaper than paying a pro.

Having said that you know you'll get the results paying a detailer, it's a tricky decision.

+ 1 for Adam.

The question is would you be happy/confident enough to do it yourself with DA polisher?

If you are then why not buy a DA, do the work yourself then offer it for sale second hand/used once.

You may loose £40/£50 but this will probably work out cheaper than paying a pro.

Having said that you know you'll get the results paying a detailer, it's a tricky decision.

Looks like Adam is the man (thanks Olly and Peter) BUT-Love a challenge, think I'll buy one. Dodo Juice DAS6 looks a good buy.

I brought a polisher and tried it. You cant beat the work of professionals

For my money - buy the polisher, use it carefully at first, you'll soon get confident and get good results. Good lady bought me a DAS6 for Xmas and daughter added the Sonus pad set, first use was on my 968 coupe, have since used it on the C270 and the 968 cab. Not just for swirl mark removal, also good with polishes and glazes. Lots less elbow grease required!

Preparation is the key though - wash and clay the car before starting paint correction. Then use 3M blue masking tape to mask off all edges and shut lines, it's too easy to go through the paint in these areas.

I run the Aurora Putney Ltd valeting service.We do all the buffing which will remove the scratches.We are based on Putney Bridge road.Regards Tony 07957635727

If there are any detailers reading this could you give me a rough price to polish out light scratches and swirls on a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I only really need the scratches and swirls removed as I'm quite happy to clay, polish and wax it myself afterwards. I just think it's a bit of a waste to spend £170 on a DA polisher that I would probably only use once. Thanks.

Thinking of buying one myself so happy to go 50/50 with you and then share it from there onwards:bannana:

Its a good starting point, but be aware that you will have to seriously put the time in to get true correction on MB paint with a d.a. Before I sold my C32 AMG, I paint corrected for the new owner as part of the deal. Unfortunately my rotary (at the time) broke and was away for repairing. So I had to fully paint correct my MB with a d.a., which took just over 40 hours to do properly. Here was a 50/50 off it all that time ago:

097eab5f61694a5dff4a48ca0f09fffa.jpg

But yes, you most definitely can remove defects with a d.a., but there really is alot of elbow grease.
Also you really don't need to worry about cutting through clearcoats on MB's with a d.a.
You wouldreally have to be silly with a crazy technique to cut through with a d.a. on a Mercedes.

Its a good starting point, but be aware that you will have to seriously put the time in to get true correction on MB paint with a d.a. Before I sold my C32 AMG, I paint corrected for the new owner as part of the deal. Unfortunately my rotary (at the time) broke and was away for repairing. So I had to fully paint correct my MB with a d.a., which took just over 40 hours to do properly. Here was a 50/50 off it all that time ago:

097eab5f61694a5dff4a48ca0f09fffa.jpg

But yes, you most definitely can remove defects with a d.a., but there really is alot of elbow grease.
Also you really don't need to worry about cutting through clearcoats on MB's with a d.a.
You wouldreally have to be silly with a crazy technique to cut through with a d.a. on a Mercedes.

Off topic slightly - Do you have anymore pics of your 32 with those wheels on?? Were they genuine?

Thinking of buying one myself so happy to go 50/50 with you and then share it from there onwards:bannana:

Thanks for the offer Mike, but I feel we probably live a bit far apart. The amount saved by each of us would be surely swallowed up in fuel by collecting it from each other. Dam good idea though. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom