Rough idea of the cost of getting arches treated and sprayed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NicDale

Car
'91 190E 2.5-16V
Has anyone paid to have all 4 arches done on a w210 E Class? I've just been quoted £390+vat which i think is a bit steep, i don't have much to compare it with at the moment but i'll be getting other quotes over the next few days.

Work getting done was all 4 arches, leading bottom edges of both front wings and the o/s rear wing bottom edge.

Any guesstimates as to a fair price?

Thanks in advance.

That sounds pretty cheap IMHO :cool:

Around these parts, I'd guess it'd be quite a bit more than that for a quality job.

Remember, price isn't everything - especially when it comes to bodywork etc ;)

Will

I tend to work on about £100 a panel plus the dreaded (if not a £ job). £390+ for what you're having done seems ok to me but only if theyve been recommended to you ....

I had alot of work done by Evans Halshaw in May 2007 under MB good will including a new front wing, a new front door and both rear arches. At the same time I paid for some extra work doing including a bonnet and both bumpers respraying. It cost me about £700. The job they did was first class and worth paying for. Get a quote from a reputable Mercedes approved body shop such as Evans Halshaw as a comparison.

Andy

Cost possibly dependent on the colour of the car since lighter metallics often need extensive "feathering in" of adjacent paintwork to match-- entailing the preparation and painting of a greater area than that being repaired.

Last edited:
True price isn't everything. I reckoned on about £250+vat.

I got a quote of £100 per corner a while back for something similiar.

Yes seconded, I had a quote of £100 for a front wing on a w124

I had 2 arches done on my c230k by "Chips Away" for £120, and then the other 2 arches plus a section of rear o/s door and stone chips to bonnet done by an indy for £200. Indys work was better.

quotes around £150 per front wing and most places would recomend the bonnet as well, depending on car age and fade

Figure sounds about right. The painting is the easy bit - prepping is what takes time so the lower the price, the less of it you usually get.

Very fair comments, i'll take that all on board, i'm going to get some other quotes regardless but it's opened my eyes!

Got 3 arches on my E320CDI by MB under goodwill, but had to pay for the fourth arch myself as it was repainted previously. The MB bodyshop charged me £200 + VAT for the one arch since they were already doing the other 3. Apparently they would normally charge £400+VAT per arch if the car went in seperately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom