Rough idle and no power this morning, no EML though

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonygw

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 CDI AMG Blue efficiency diesel
So, I start the car this morning, after returning from a 80 mile trip the day before.
Car starts but seems like its running on three cyclinders and very rough. Revs up fine though as normal. Sets off and it seems ok but gear box is hanging in gear and its got no power.

Drives like a 1.6 diesel not a 2.1 diesel!

Stop to drop kids off at school, starts car & it seems like its back to its old self and full power.

No engine management light came on, Should I be worried? What on earth could it have been, was a bit colder than it has been this morning?

Any ideas?

Thanks

STAR - live data required - otherwise its a wet finger in the air

yeah kind of thought that might be the case. will see if it does it again I guess as no EML means no stored fault codes doesnt it?

Limp home mode im afraid. You need a scan to give a clue as to why.

yeah kind of thought that might be the case. will see if it does it again I guess as no EML means no stored fault codes doesnt it?

A repeated fault usually 5 or 6 times , puts on the eml. Codes should be there though.

Damn, scanned with my OBD and no pending codes, historic codes or current fault codes showing. Guess I'll have to see how it goes.. if it does it again its going to need the full STAR treatment..

Damn, scanned with my OBD and no pending codes, historic codes or current fault codes showing. Guess I'll have to see how it goes.. if it does it again its going to need the full STAR treatment..

It may never happen again. You'll just have to wait n see .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom