Roundabout from hell

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stwat

MB Enthusiast
Car
1989 W126 300 SE
In the last week i've had two very near misses on the same roundabout on my way to work.

1st incidend. The roundabout im talking about is the Park Square roundabout in sheffield and has four lanes. I was in(one of)the lanes to go straight on minding my own buisines when an omega in the nearside lane decides he wants to go round again(at the last second) and cuts, sharp, in front of me causing me to hit the breaks hard!!! Also causing the car behind me to lock up and take avaisive action by swerving to the left of me(otherwise he would have hit the bloody omega). The driver of the omega, who had stoped right in front of us then rolls his window down and starts swearing his head of at me!!!! With things like "whats your f***ing problem you f***ing tosser, did you not see my indicator??? And much more before wheelspining off at high speed!!!!!! I didnt even have chance to have a go back(sadly) and me and the other driver just looked at each other before driving of in a state of shock and disbeleaf mixed with rage.!!!!!???!!

Incident2. The next day!! I was in the same lane on the same part of the roundabout at the same time :eek: , when a young lady in a metro(who was almost paralel with me)in the outside lane decides she wants my lane and starts to turn in without even looking :mad: So i pip my horn to let her know im here. She's still comeing so i beep the horn and flash the lights while hitting the brakes at which point she swerves her car, almost violently, towards me, almost hitting the front of my bloody car while waving her hand in the air!! :mad: At this point i admit that i lost it a bit and keep my horn and full beam on while shouting my head off in anger,(as you would)and she just waves her hand in the air again hits the brakes!!!!!! Causing me to use the ABS to full advantage :mad: :mad: She then speeds off and jumps a red light???!!!??!?! What is the world coming to???

I think il find a new way to work in future :(

Stu.

People just want to make contact with you, literally.

I know that roundabout well - it's well known for causing the odd difrerence of opinion! We were once taken off it by a black cab who decided to shoot from the inside lane to the exit it wanted ignoring the fact that others were in their right lanes and already there. I was 6 months pregnant at the time - had we not gone off - we'd have had no car, and me poss no hubby.

What annoys me - is that if you check and use the lane markinge correctly along with general good driving practice - the roundabout works fine - it's just people who can't count past two who can't cope :rolleyes:

pammy said:
What annoys me - is that if you check and use the lane markinge correctly along with general good driving practice - the roundabout works fine - it's just people who can't count past two who can't cope :rolleyes:

Lots of people don't realise that LANES exist on roundabouts. Many roundabouts don't have markings at all.

If you hear of a crash between an Omega and a Metro, let us know.

Last edited:
stwat said:
In the last week i've had two very near misses on the same roundabout on my way to work.

1st incidend. The roundabout im talking about is the Park Square roundabout in sheffield and has four lanes. I was in(one of)the lanes to go straight on minding my own buisines when an omega in the nearside lane decides he wants to go round again(at the last second) and cuts, sharp, in front of me causing me to hit the breaks hard!!! Also causing the car behind me to lock up and take avaisive action by swerving to the left of me(otherwise he would have hit the bloody omega). The driver of the omega, who had stoped right in front of us then rolls his window down and starts swearing his head of at me!!!! With things like "whats your f***ing problem you f***ing tosser, did you not see my indicator??? And much more before wheelspining off at high speed!!!!!! I didnt even have chance to have a go back(sadly) and me and the other driver just looked at each other before driving of in a state of shock and disbeleaf mixed with rage.!!!!!???!!

Incident2. The next day!! I was in the same lane on the same part of the roundabout at the same time :eek: , when a young lady in a metro(who was almost paralel with me)in the outside lane decides she wants my lane and starts to turn in without even looking :mad: So i pip my horn to let her know im here. She's still comeing so i beep the horn and flash the lights while hitting the brakes at which point she swerves her car, almost violently, towards me, almost hitting the front of my bloody car while waving her hand in the air!! :mad: At this point i admit that i lost it a bit and keep my horn and full beam on while shouting my head off in anger,(as you would)and she just waves her hand in the air again hits the brakes!!!!!! Causing me to use the ABS to full advantage :mad: :mad: She then speeds off and jumps a red light???!!!??!?! What is the world coming to???

I think il find a new way to work in future :(

Stu.

I feel your pain, some people are just idiots who have never read the highway code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom