Roundabout instruction problem Comand 211 and others

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

prprandall51

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi
MB have said that the problem with the roundabouts on Comand being incorrectly announced by Frau Navigation (the lady in the dashboard) will be fixed by a service update this autumn. :)

Pooh! I was hoping for a free TMC-enabled Version 5.0 DVD to fix it. :( News about which, I am afraid, there is none.

Philip

We now have V4 for our Smart Forfour, same system as A Class, C Class and CLK and this bug is fixed on this DVD. So fingers crossed your next one will be sorted too. The disc also seems to have a lot more detail than the old one.

Kate

Hi Kate, thanks for the info - does that mean that you did have the problem before you received the latest disk?

I get confused with MB having two different systems suppliers for navigation and every car seeming to have a different DVD release number (my car is on 4.1 currently and does have the problem, yours - on release 4 - does not, or are you on 4.X, where X is higher than "1"?).

Thanks
Philip

Yep, we used to have the same problem until we got the new disc. Our version of Comand is watered down compared to the E-Class one but was sold to us as the same unit, ie we were told it did video DVD's, it doesn't, had Bluetooth, it doesn't (I now know the E-Class one doesn't either though!) and a few other bits I can't remember right now!

Our disc is V4 and the old one which was the current one when we got the car as a factory order in Dec was V2.3 (I think it was .3 anyway!) I don't know what happened to V3 either!

I'd suggest looking on Ebay for the new disc, that's where ours came from and is brand new and wrapped! and a lot less than the £350 Merc wanted from us! We are rying to get some compensation for the mis-selling, not holding our breath dealt with these guys before!

Also the TMC works fine in Europe it's just that Merc haven't paid the subscription in the UK, it routed us round the jams perfectly when we took it to the Geneva motor show!

Good Luck!

Kate

lil.smartie said:
I'd suggest looking on Ebay for the new disc, that's where ours came from and is brand new and wrapped! and a lot less than the £350 Merc wanted from us! We are rying to get some compensation for the mis-selling, not holding our breath dealt with these guys before!
You might know this already, but I gather some people who bought Nav expecting it to have TMC have had quite substantial compensation cheques.

Rory said:
You might know this already, but I gather some people who bought Nav expecting it to have TMC have had quite substantial compensation cheques.

Frustratingly, I think it depends upon when you bought the vehicle and whether the navigation was misrepresented to you by the salesperson. My salesperson was emphatic that traffic only worked abroad. Bizarre, because he was completely ignorant about every other feature on the car, including the rest of the Comand functions. I suspect he had read a memo....

Philip

lil.smartie said:
Yep, we used to have the same problem until we got the new disc. Our version of Comand is watered down compared to the E-Class one but was sold to us as the same unit, ie we were told it did video DVD's, it doesn't, had Bluetooth, it doesn't (I now know the E-Class one doesn't either though!) and a few other bits I can't remember right now!

Our disc is V4 and the old one which was the current one when we got the car as a factory order in Dec was V2.3 (I think it was .3 anyway!) I don't know what happened to V3 either!

Also the TMC works fine in Europe it's just that Merc haven't paid the subscription in the UK, it routed us round the jams perfectly when we took it to the Geneva motor show!

Good Luck!

Kate

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the info. Wierdly, I am running the latest disk for E Class (4.1, released at the end of last year). I guess they are working their way through updating the disks and haven't done the E Class yet. Who knows the wired logic of MB? Anyway, thanks for the info.

TMC is wonderful, isn't it? Don't expect it to be as good as it is on the continent, though, when you get it in Britain. Here, it will be based on "floating car data", which isn't a great way to capture traffic information.

Philip

I have had an awful lot of correspondance on this very issue and I will tactfully say you will be lucky to get compensation.

I accept that at least one of our members has been compensated (lucky devil ;) ).

John

I know two Smart Forfour owners who have had money back, one got part the other full cost! I've been waiting for a reply from an email and follow up call for almost 3 months now so will be writing to Jeremy Simpson this weekend to see if that makes any difference!

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom