AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
Again :doh:.

Simon_M

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mini & Porsche
Well, if you had one you'd cane it too!

At least he is alright and can afford the hike in insurance!

It's a shame after all the things he's done, he is still known as 'Mr Bean'!

S

AANDYY

Car
E300DT-W210-1997-Elegance-Azurite Metalic Blue. (Don't mention the rust, LOL) Running on WVO. 65k m
deleted because threads now merged.

Last edited:

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
Probably still here to entertain us due to the unique construction of the McLaren- composite body shell and central driving position may have contributed greatly to his lack of injuries.:thumb:

prprandall51

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi
It's a shame after all the things he's done, he is still known as 'Mr Bean'!

S

He hasn't done that much, though, really. With the exception of Mr Bean, I have loved everything he has done (I even found his Johnny English film entertaining) but all added up, it doubr it would pay for his fleet of supercars.

But Mr Bean has been a hit worldwide and I imagine it is that which has funded his love of cars -so I guess he probably doesn't mind too much being remembered most as Mr Bean.

rascalmaster

MB Enthusiast
Car
Brabus D5 (E280 CDI) Avantgarde, E280 CDI Sport Estate, E320 Avantgarde now sold
He's a proper petrol head... and by all accounts, a very good driver...

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Probably still here to entertain us due to the unique construction of the McLaren- composite body shell and central driving position may have contributed greatly to his lack of injuries.:thumb:

I'm not sure whether they ever tested the McLaren in the side pole test? But certainly the central driving position would have been a benefit.

Anyway, fire and carbon fibre.....sounds like an expensive repair job to me.

He's a proper petrol head... and by all accounts, a very good driver...

He's the fastest of the stars so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track#Cee.27d_leaderboard

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
He loved that car. He's had it 14 year, and talked about it on Top Gear recently.

dulayj

Car
A 210/Volvo XC90
All his characters have been a success and made him very wealthy.Wishing him a speedy recovery(doesnt sound too serious)

Mactech

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 50 Tdi, BMW X3, Maxda MX-5
Yeah! glad he is ok, he's certainly make me laugh over the years.
The fact that he was quickest in Top Gear's car indicates that he is also a very good driver.....but you really do need to be in that Mclaren!
I've had the privilege of driving one and they are nowhere near as easy to catch in a slide as say and XJ220. The car rolls a fair bit but clings on like a limpet.... but the lets go with very little warning. The 220 I could drive comfortably in a power slide, in the Mclaren, I just spun:eek:
I've also had two race cars require extensive tub rebuilds after fire damage (the BMW engine used to crack a high pressure oil line and spray on to the exhaust...See Le Mans 1997:eek:) and one bill came to £280k. Ouch!

Last edited:

IanA2

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL60 AMG, GES300, Lexus GS 430
He lives near me and I'm pretty sure I know the place he came off. It's just after the second roundabout by the P'boro Services. It's the A605 and is a pretty steep hill going up in two lanes for about a mile and a half. I often use it to 'clear the throat' of my 60 however you have to be careful at the beginning as there tends to be what looks like oil, it's where lots of wagons are just starting after their halt at the services, if that's got anything to do with it.

tali

MB Enthusiast
Car
qashqai
Seems to be an intensly private person-only seems to do interviews when he has a film to plug
Not knocking him - as Mr Bean is on a loop at our house endlessly keeping the kids (and me!) enertained

BTB 500

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
R129 SL500, W639 Vito 120, S205 C300
It will be a lot easier than in the XJ220 Transit van....:eek:

Is that the ex-TWR one, dolled up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom