Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Again :doh:.

Well, if you had one you'd cane it too!

At least he is alright and can afford the hike in insurance!

It's a shame after all the things he's done, he is still known as 'Mr Bean'!

S

deleted because threads now merged.

Last edited:
Probably still here to entertain us due to the unique construction of the McLaren- composite body shell and central driving position may have contributed greatly to his lack of injuries.:thumb:

It's a shame after all the things he's done, he is still known as 'Mr Bean'!

S

He hasn't done that much, though, really. With the exception of Mr Bean, I have loved everything he has done (I even found his Johnny English film entertaining) but all added up, it doubr it would pay for his fleet of supercars.

But Mr Bean has been a hit worldwide and I imagine it is that which has funded his love of cars -so I guess he probably doesn't mind too much being remembered most as Mr Bean.

He's a proper petrol head... and by all accounts, a very good driver...

Probably still here to entertain us due to the unique construction of the McLaren- composite body shell and central driving position may have contributed greatly to his lack of injuries.:thumb:

I'm not sure whether they ever tested the McLaren in the side pole test? But certainly the central driving position would have been a benefit.

Anyway, fire and carbon fibre.....sounds like an expensive repair job to me.

He's a proper petrol head... and by all accounts, a very good driver...

He's the fastest of the stars so far.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_test_track#Cee.27d_leaderboard

He loved that car. He's had it 14 year, and talked about it on Top Gear recently.

All his characters have been a success and made him very wealthy.Wishing him a speedy recovery(doesnt sound too serious)

Yeah! glad he is ok, he's certainly make me laugh over the years.
The fact that he was quickest in Top Gear's car indicates that he is also a very good driver.....but you really do need to be in that Mclaren!
I've had the privilege of driving one and they are nowhere near as easy to catch in a slide as say and XJ220. The car rolls a fair bit but clings on like a limpet.... but the lets go with very little warning. The 220 I could drive comfortably in a power slide, in the Mclaren, I just spun:eek:
I've also had two race cars require extensive tub rebuilds after fire damage (the BMW engine used to crack a high pressure oil line and spray on to the exhaust...See Le Mans 1997:eek:) and one bill came to £280k. Ouch!

Last edited:
He lives near me and I'm pretty sure I know the place he came off. It's just after the second roundabout by the P'boro Services. It's the A605 and is a pretty steep hill going up in two lanes for about a mile and a half. I often use it to 'clear the throat' of my 60 however you have to be careful at the beginning as there tends to be what looks like oil, it's where lots of wagons are just starting after their halt at the services, if that's got anything to do with it.

Seems to be an intensly private person-only seems to do interviews when he has a film to plug
Not knocking him - as Mr Bean is on a loop at our house endlessly keeping the kids (and me!) enertained

It will be a lot easier than in the XJ220 Transit van....:eek:

Is that the ex-TWR one, dolled up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom