Roy Hudd RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steveml63

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
ML63 AMG
Just heard the sad news that Roy Hudd has just passed away.
An all round entertainer and real gent.

I was surprised that he was only 83, he seems to have been that age for years. A good variety all-rounder. Sadly folk of his style and talent are becoming thin on the ground now. RIP Roy.

There can’t be many of that old generation left. Barry Cryer is still about but......

A real pity
Good solid well prepared comedy, totally lacking smut and bad language.

We will be lucky to see his like again

RIP

It sort of a joke from "The Office" or maybe something else / just the names are similar.

A proper old school entertainer and a great raconteur of the days of Variety and Vaudeville. A sad loss.

Rod Hull lived near Hastings
Fell of his roof whilst trying to repair his TV aerial, back in the '90's I think.
Could be funny, could be . . . . . . . . . .less funny

Roy Hudd was often clever funny

Yes Roy Hudd was one of the last great old fashioned entertainers,he was very talented,taking up acting in later life, RIP

sad loss to entertainment. i used to listen to the news huddlines religiously. still got loads of old episodes on cassette!!

As some of you will know, I spent some time in the theatre world, photographing a lot of the 'stars' and personalities. During one such session we got into conversation about a theatre tour which included a week in Mold in North Wales. The actor I was talking to told me of a conversation with Roy Hudd who said ' the only good thing to come out of Mold was the night they opened the 24hr Postage Stamp machine'.

To me it completely summed up Roy Hudd's off the wall humour - unique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom