Royal 320CLK power short problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Westminster Tab

Car
CLK320 1998

1998 CLK320 petrol 92,000 miles. Stored for three years, battery dead, I replaced the battery along with the starter motor, and a new petrol filter. I took it for a two mile spin, ran fairly well, engine needs tuning. This is a pristine unblemished example inside and out, owned and only driven by a real King, not British monarchy, unfortunately. Nobody has ever sat in the back seats!

Went to it a week later, new battery completely flat, removed it for charging. The front drivers seat has moved forward closer to the steering wheel. The positive terminal is a direct short to earth, separated the three cables at positive battery connection, they all go direct to earth. All fuses 1 to 27 and 39 to 45, go direct to earth with the battery removed. I can use a meter, trace wiring, but I’m lost with this type of fault!

Any help gratefully received, I’m a pensioner, can’t afford this car but would love to spend my final years with a bit of quality!

Welcome! Am sure there's a more than a few on here that can advise. Add a pic or two to get pulses racing [emoji2] . If you have trouble uploading try using the tapatalk app.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom