RR vs Jag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MercedesDriver

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XF Sportbrake 25t X260; Mini Cooper R50
A bit surprising to see so much damage on PM’s Jag after a slow shun in the back.
PM’s Jaaag Linky 😟
I just hope everyone inside the both cars are okey and I truly feel sorry for the guy driving the RR tbh, he must feel awful.
So, what’s going to be the next PM’s daily?

_112952273_e59184c9-d287-422a-92ef-80aafaca2639.jpg

Alloy boot lid?

quote https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jag...MIoMyGqKSJ6gIViLPtCh3RCAdzEAAYASABEgJok_D_BwE
PERFORMANCE ALL-ALUMINIUM BODY
XJ's all-aluminium body, the core of its dynamic performance, creates a stiffer, stronger and, most importantly, lighter architecture. Developed using aerospace bonding and riveting techniques, XJ's 100 percent aluminium monocoque body structure does not have a single welded joint. With up to 50 percent of XJ's aluminium coming from recycled sources, XJ leads the way in sustainability.One of the lightest cars in its class, XJ's excellent power-to-weight ratio improves all aspects of performance with no compromise to its strength. Acceleration is improved, and because the engine has to work less, it lowers fuel consumption and emissions. Its aluminium construction also enhances ride comfort, handling, agility and feel, connecting the driver seamlessly to the car and the road.The inherent strength of aluminium and the monocoque construction offer safety benefits too. The lower weight improves braking performance and reduces the kinetic energy involved in any impact. Aluminium absorbs significantly more energy than steel when it is deformed and, because there are fewer joints, XJ's strength is increased further still.

Last edited:
The PM's Jag probably weighs a lot more than most similar cars - not so easy to push down the road.

_112952273_e59184c9-d287-422a-92ef-80aafaca2639.jpg

Alloy boot lid?

quote https://www.jaguar.co.uk/Images/Jag...MIoMyGqKSJ6gIViLPtCh3RCAdzEAAYASABEgJok_D_BwE
PERFORMANCE ALL-ALUMINIUM BODY
XJ's all-aluminium body, the core of its dynamic performance, creates a stiffer, stronger and, most importantly, lighter architecture. Developed using aerospace bonding and riveting techniques, XJ's 100 percent aluminium monocoque body structure does not have a single welded joint. With up to 50 percent of XJ's aluminium coming from recycled sources, XJ leads the way in sustainability.One of the lightest cars in its class, XJ's excellent power-to-weight ratio improves all aspects of performance with no compromise to its strength. Acceleration is improved, and because the engine has to work less, it lowers fuel consumption and emissions. Its aluminium construction also enhances ride comfort, handling, agility and feel, connecting the driver seamlessly to the car and the road.The inherent strength of aluminium and the monocoque construction offer safety benefits too. The lower weight improves braking performance and reduces the kinetic energy involved in any impact. Aluminium absorbs significantly more energy than steel when it is deformed and, because there are fewer joints, XJ's strength is increased further still.
Alloy or not it is Write off.Inked_112952273_e59184c9-d287-422a-92ef-80aafaca2639_LI.jpg I don't believe they are going to repair it.

A bit surprising to see so much damage on PM’s Jag after a slow shun in the back.
PM’s Jaaag Linky 😟
I just hope everyone inside the both cars are okey and I truly feel sorry for the guy driving the RR tbh, he must feel awful.
How can you feel sorry for the RR driver. Either he is incompetent or his training manual needs to be re-written.

I can't help but think that if this incident had happened anywhere else but in the UK the 'presidential' motorcade would have just got on with it and the 'protester' would have become a smear on the pavement while the operatives driving the convoy would have had nothing but the principals safety in mind and carried on regardless.

It does not look major. A minor pull on a frame machine should line everything back up. Aluminum has some memory, just not as much as steel.

PM’s Jaaag Linky 😟
Link just gives some dodgy message about cookies then site is blocked

Wow, I watched the lunch time news and thought to myself just how very close those cars were to each other...then this news !!!!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom