RS6 - wow !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smillion

Car
CLS350 CDI sport
Had a little cat and mouse recently with an 2009 RS6 Avant.

One of the few cars I have ever come across that left me staggered at its performance. A good old fashioned traffic light sprint (in the country and on National Limit road I would add) had me following closer than he might be used to - but when we met with some bends his superior nerve/driving skill/ 4 wheel drive (delete as appropriate !) left me behind (that and I had SWMBO in my left ear ........)

Much respect for that car - 580 bhp v my 478 bhp !:eek:

Marc

Don't take much to lose a merc on the twisty's I'm afraid :(

Thanks for posting :rock: It always interesting to read about "real world" like-for-like competitors :)

Off the mark, did the 4WD bog him down at all?
How much of an advantage did either car get?
A mid-range comparison would be interesting, as your supercharged motor isn't left wanting in the torque department compared to a RS6!
AMG ~ 516 lb ft
RS6 ~ 480 lb ft

Darren

Thanks for posting :rock: It always interesting to read about "real world" like-for-like competitors :)

Off the mark, did the 4WD bog him down at all?
How much of an advantage did either car get?
A mid-range comparison would be interesting, as your supercharged motor isn't left wanting in the torque department compared to a RS6!
AMG ~ 516 lb ft
RS6 ~ 480 lb ft

Darren
Yes more details please!. I would be really keen to know how it would go up against an E55 in real life situation.

It does have 100 bhp more but it also is 200kg heavier so its probably a lot closer than you think.

Around corners though the 4wd should have an advantage :(

Hello

Depends also if s/he knew the road its NOT all down to the car.

I agree that an RS6 is a very fast car but on some of the country lanes round here I can keep up with quicker cars purely as I know the road and have been down them in much faster cars than my current bus. I would say in the wet you might as well pull into a layby though :)
Just look as Sabine in the Transit on the Ring.

Was it an estate also.... think that adds to the 'Q' factor on one of them.

Funny enough theres a few RS4's near me and all of them I spot regularly and they seem to be zooming everywhere even in 30 zones (muppets).

I think a stage 1 + stage 2 remap is in order... ;)

A remap and a cat back gives in the region of 690-700BHP on a C6 RS6 though. Play fair!

Just them, or all RS4 drivers......CAREFUL! ;)

Darren

Ohhhhh - we've been here before ! RS4 drivers are apparently (according to that motoring Sage Clarkson) the "new M3 drivers" when it comes to driving badly. Middle aged guy, young kids, tucks his t-shirt into his 501's & thinks his performance improves on track days by wearing his red Sparco race boots....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom