RTF Files

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I recently went to My Documents to retrieve a letter, only to find that it and many other documents had become RTF format. I don't recall doing anything to bring about this change. How do I get the documents back into HTML format? ( I tried getting back the originals by using wordpad but it didn't work) Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for replying. I am a bit reluctant to use Software Informer in light of reviews on CNET . Plus it looks like you have to deal with each document separately and I have a load of documents. What I would really like to find out is what caused the change in the first place. I don't recall doing anything which would have caused it.

You mention you want them back in *.html format, yet you also mention documents.
Were they originally web pages or word documents, i.e. *.doc format?

They are word documents ( mainly letters I had composed using wordpad)
To open them, I just click on 'My Documents' ,then click on the one I want.
Most of the letters relate to a court case I am pursuing which is why I am anxious to get them back to the way the recipients would have received them.

I just opened WordPad on Windows 7 and the default Save As is RTF.

There isn't a problem keeping them in RTF format as Word can open these as can WordPad obviously.

If you have Word, you can open them into that and save as .doc or .docx format.

Or, install CutePDF and print to them to create .pdf files from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom