Rubber care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosso1

Car
SL500
Hi Guys can anyone recommend a good rubber care product to revitalise the rubber.

I like to add this to by boot and roof rubbers on my SL

+1 for the Gummi-Pflege

Thanks guys have just ordered Gummi Pflege

Gummi-Pflege arrived this morning I have applied a good coating to all the rubbers on the car. You really only notice how much rubber you have on a SL when doing this sort of task...

Later on, he'll move on to his catsuit.......... :) :) :)

I researched this subject a few years ago when I bought the 968 cab, there's lots of info on VW Eos forums (Eos roofs are notorious for leaking). Krytox is manufacturers treatment of choice but is damned expensive. Forum view was Gummipflege was as good and about 1/4 the price. I've used it on both cars for about 4 years now, no complaints from me!!

Gummi Pflege for the rubbers, Kryotex for dealing with trim squeaks, creaks and rattles. (stopped a dashboard squeak from the passenger airbag)

I've heard (but not used) Auto Glym rubber and plastic stuff is pretty good too.

Gummi Pflege for the rubbers, Kryotex for dealing with trim squeaks, creaks and rattles. (stopped a dashboard squeak from the passenger airbag)

I've heard (but not used) Auto Glym rubber and plastic stuff is pretty good too.

I have all three of the above. All are excellent. The Autoglym stuff is more or less the same as Gummi Pflege....It even smells the same

There is also MB's proper stuff (A 000 989 60 60 special sliding compound, also described as seal/mold lubricant at OEMpartsdirect.com or A 001 989 50 51 lubricant for seals, also described as grease at OEMPartsdirect.com - I think they are the same thing) but it really is expensive but it lasts for ages as you do only use it very spareingly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom