Rubbing noise when driving slow or turning left?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dannyallen89

Car
mercedes c220 amg sport
Hi all I have a slight rubbing noise on my s204 when turning left or I hear it driving around 20mph or slower can anybody shine some light into what this could be?

I had new pads fitted when I bought the car but not discs I'm thinking it could need discs or cv boot needing replaced.

Also I had bought some different mercedes alloys as mine where 17s changed to 18s 2 where buckled but I had them repaired hoping it's not this having an effect.
Any help appreciated thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Could it be a wheel bearing? Jack each corner and spin the wheel with your hands, you'll feel resistance and hear a grinding noise with the bearing that's gone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wheel bearing as above.

Also, can you check if it's not the tyre rubbing against the wheel arch or strut? This can happen if that side of the car is lowered due to a failed spring.

Or possibly bent dust cover behind one of the discs?

But either way if there's friction you would see some evidence of it in the shape of shiny metal surface at the contact point...

Thanks where I work have a garage so tomorrow they're gonna have a look at it up on the ramp. I have checked the tyre for rubbing but nothing the callipers look ok no friction marks there.

Had the car in the garage today there is slight wear on the bearings and the tracking is way off booked in for both next week. Thanks for the help ppl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom