Rude people - aaagh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richard

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
MY04 SL55
With email addresses / name removed, here is a conversation that Mark just had

Bloke mails in: -

Hi there. I have a C180, and although it started this morning for the
first time since I got it (got it for nothing), drove fine.

Cleaned it out at my work, no it won't start - the red and green LEDs
just flash at me.

Can you tell me how to bypass the immobiliser so I can get it running
and take it round for an MOT please?

Thanks.

So Mark figures that we don't know who this is, and as we don't know whose car he is trying to start & that its probably against the law to assist someone doing this without diligintly checking they own the car, but do suggest that MB may actually help him for free, as many new Mercedes owners dont know about Mobilo Life

Hi,

I'm afraid that we are not allowed to give out this information.

If the car is under 30 years old and has been serviced by Mercedes or to
mercedes standards then it is covered by the mobilo life which means you
can call Mercedes out to get it going for you!

Hope this helps,

Mark
Director

And this is the fine response from this clearly well educated gentleman ..
(the **** werent particularly rude, just unpleasant)

OBVIOUSLY It didn't help. ****.

Just as well I figured it out myself. Thanks for sod all.

Had to bite my tongue , so thought i'd vent here.

Richard

Next time advise him on how to start it, then suggest adding some fine sand to the induction just after the filter to clear things out :D

Cant let these people get to you, i've met a few before and their complete lack of social ability will ALWAYS hold them back in the end.

Next time advise him on how to start it, then suggest adding some fine sand to the induction just after the filter to clear things out :D

Cant let these people get to you, i've met a few before and their complete lack of social ability will ALWAYS hold them back in the end.

Scary thing is that this type of dimwit is also the type of person that would try what is suggested without thought and then sue when their engine dies.

Can't believe how some people manage to get by in day to day life...

He's obviously come over from the dark side.......:D

Nice response. I'd reply 'if you think the breakdown is frustrating, imagine how frustrated you'll be driving up hills in a C180". :devil:

As a separate issue, what exactly constitutes "serviced to MB standard"? (Sorry, I know this is an old and repeated question.)

But I'm wondering how this is defined by MB. For example, my indy uses all genuine parts (bought through the local dealership) but he's not part of any MB franchise, therefore MB wouldn't honour the mobilo cover, would they?

(I asking because i'm trying to decide whether I should buy road side cover when I break my W220's MB history by having the next service done by my indy)

I believe that most rude people tend to also be very cowardly as i only really experiance rudeness where people cant see me (over the phone or on the road or on forums for example) I'm a 6'6" long haired leather jacket wearing beardy bloke so generally i find most people very polite face to face, and i've seen them go from very rude to VERY polite in milliseconds if i get out of the car after being yelled at. :D

That thread should be deleted or at least the first post should be edited.

I better keep an eye on my car....

Thread appears to have been deleted now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom