RUF porsches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I downloaded a few of these last year after we went to the ring. AWESOME power - alsways sideways!

The amount of opposite lock is incredible!!

That early yellow 964 RUF is driven by a madman - or genious at the wheel :rock:

Awesome driver in awesome track tool... Those slicks kick a*s!

you should see the video of Mark's Honda Civic blowing away a RUF.

What was wrong with that Porsche? Clearly broken - smoke even! Looks like he got it right at about half track though then started to pick up speed.

Bummer missed it, the first link seems to have gone. Yeah the Porsche clearly breaks down, doubt if the black shopping trolley would have made a dent otherwise

Aswall said:
Bummer missed it, the first link seems to have gone. Yeah the Porsche clearly breaks down, doubt if the black shopping trolley would have made a dent otherwise

Indeed, not with a standing quarter of over 13seconds!!!!!! A working ruf would kill it.

Talking of drag racing..... (not meaning to detract from thread)

Does anyone know anyone that might want to buy a drag bike... (think 9 odd seconds standing 1/4) owner emmigrating & its gotto go real FAST

Based upon a GSX11 now something silly like 1400 with Turbo and stuff, dont know the exact details but it certainly shifts. :)

Anyone?

stwat said:
Indeed, not with a standing quarter of over 13seconds!!!!!! A working ruf would kill it.

A standard 911 would leave it never mind the RUF...;)

Not sure about that - from memory the only standard porsche that can beat a 13 second quarter mile is the turbo.

Sorry mate, none of those look stock to me. I would hardly call any of the cars on that page 'standard' porsches - all special editions, or upgraded.

I mean things like carrera 2, carerra 4, carerra 4s.

I think that a quick look at this site, shows that there are but a few porsche's that can top a 13 second quarter mile.

http://www.ssmoparmuscle.com/speedcomp.htm?NORDERBY=make&OORDERBY=make&OORDERDIR=DESC

The point I was trying to make about the other page is that most of those car's are enthusiast/modified cars not off the shelf, standard porsches.

For example:

Porsche 911 Turbo Roock RST 650 2003 (insane, not std)
Porsche Carrera GT 2004 (supercar)
Porsche 911 Carrera Turbo 1988 (old, and likely modfied as stds were much slower)
Porsche Ruf R Turbo 2002 (insane, not std)
Porsche 911 Turbo 2001 (std time is around 12.3 for these, likely modified)
Porsche 911 Turbo EVO Stage 4 2001 (insane, not std)
Porsche 911 Turbo Turbo S 1997 (possibly std - my mate has one of these)
Porsche 911 Turbo X50 2003 (upgraded)
Porsche GT2 (supercar)

Saw that page earlier it’s basically some guy with a spreadsheet of data supposedly collected from car magazines – some of the figures of which look very dubious such as the Cayenne Turbo almost beating a Ferrari 360. Whereas the other page is an official dragster site which also indicates that there is a reasonably new and therefore unlikely modified 2003 Carrera 4S that does 12.91... As you likely know the Carrera 2S is usually quicker off the line in the dry...

However I guess we could discuss this all day as there are so many variables with respect to a good launch time.... just need to get that Nitro kit with launch control on my CLK500...;)

I've got plenty of time - let's debate it some more. :) Kidding!

The dragster site is a self submitted list of times from drivers. I just submitted a time myself for a CL500, let's see if they list it! They are merely compiling a list of information advised by others.

Generally speaking, I would believe that some/much of the page put forward at SSMopar has been collected from car mags. http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=3&article_id=6847 quote the Crayon doing a 13.5 second quarter mile. Most sites list the 360 Modena at somewhere around the 12.7 - 12.8 mark, so I will grant you that there are some likely inaccuracies on the page.

I spent a fair bit of my life at dragstrips from 1994-2001 back in Australia and the only Porsche that ever got lower than a 13 was a 993 Turbo.

Agreed we should let this thread return to it's orginal flavour. I am very much prepared to respect your view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom