Rugby players v Football players

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecossebev

Car
Mercedes Benz 230 TE
After a weekend of 6 nations rugby, English Premier League and Scottish Cup football, I asked myself 'how long would a professional footballer last in a game of rugby?' The footallers go to ground and wriggle about after the slighest knock, while the rugby players get up after 35+stone of flesh and bone take them clean off their feet. I would guess the footballers wouls last no more than 5 minutes (as long as no one ruined their hair 1st).

After a weekend of 6 nations rugby, English Premier League and Scottish Cup football, I asked myself 'how long would a professional footballer last in a game of rugby?' The footallers go to ground and wriggle about after the slighest knock, while the rugby players get up after 35+stone of flesh and bone take them clean off their feet. I would guess the footballers wouls last no more than 5 minutes (as long as no one ruined their hair 1st).

Gavin Henson used to be a bit of a pretty boy, I see this year he's more of a rugby boy :D

while the rugby players get up after 35+stone of flesh and bone take them clean off their feet.

A couple of Scottish players would argue the point. :D

I hate the way 'footballers' fall over when near another player then sign to the referee to give the alleged offender a yellow card.:devil:

Rugby still is (just) a thug's game played by gentlemen.

Football is, never more so than today, a gentleman's game played by thugs.

Great game though.:bannana:

About 5 seconds in Yorkshire rugby union !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom