Run Flat Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michaelandrew

Car
E Class AMG Line
Hello everyone
I recently purchased a 2017 W213 E Class AMG Line and was just wondering if anyone on here has changed the standard Run Flat Tyres to ordinary reinforced tyres.
I am pleased with the car but the ride is very hard on bumpy roads and over road imperfections.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.

Hello everyone
I recently purchased a 2017 W213 E Class AMG Line and was just wondering if anyone on here has changed the standard Run Flat Tyres to ordinary reinforced tyres.
I am pleased with the car but the ride is very hard on bumpy roads and over road imperfections.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks.
I have ordinary inflatable tyres on my 2019 W213 E63, it already had ordinary tyres when I collected it from Mercedes at a couple of months old.
The car has the 20" upgraded alloys, and the ride is very firm and crashy over bumpy roads.

I find the Standard Michelin’s very good, even with the 20 inch wheels that I have. I’m so pleased with them, I’ve ordered 4 new ones today!

I had a set of 19” (non run flat) All Season tyres fitted to our C Class estate (205) yesterday. It’s totally transformed to car. Much more comfortable ride. No more wincing/cringing when going over bumps. 🥳🥳🥳

I have ordinary inflatable tyres on my 2019 W213 E63, it already had ordinary tyres when I collected it from Mercedes at a couple of months old.
The car has the 20" upgraded alloys, and the ride is very firm and crashy over bumpy roads.
I also have a W213 2019 E63S Estate and am thinking of swapping out the run flat Pirelli P Zeros for a set of (non-run-flat) Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. If you don't mind me asking, what would you do in the event of a puncture if you don't have run-flats, as the E63 doesn't come with a spare?

I also have a W213 2019 E63S Estate and am thinking of swapping out the run flat Pirelli P Zeros for a set of (non-run-flat) Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S. If you don't mind me asking, what would you do in the event of a puncture if you don't have run-flats, as the E63 doesn't come with a spare?
Pray 🙏
I will have to rely upon breakdown services, but when have you ever has a catastrophic tyre failure, i.e you can't get any pressure in the tyre at all.

Pray 🙏
I will have to rely upon breakdown services, but when have you ever has a catastrophic tyre failure, i.e you can't get any pressure in the tyre at all.
Ha, fair point. I once had a bad one in my Audi where the front right started to delaminate (total loss of pressure, which made life a bit interesting), which has probably coloured my view of punctures etc! And before you ask, the tread depth was fine - just a really weird, and unexpected failure. I'm going to go for some MP4Ss and will buy a can of that foam stuff for emergencies.

Mercedes provide an inflation kit (can of leak sealant gloop and an electric tyre pump) on cars they sell without a spare on normal tyres; you could get something similar.

Ha, fair point. I once had a bad one in my Audi where the front right started to delaminate (total loss of pressure, which made life a bit interesting), which has probably coloured my view of punctures etc! And before you ask, the tread depth was fine - just a really weird, and unexpected failure. I'm going to go for some MP4Ss and will buy a can of that foam stuff for emergencies.
Does you car not have the pump and tyre gloop stuff in the boot already?
I have both as supplied by Mercedes

Many many posts on this subject, have a troll through them.
I had factory fitted Conti run flats on my 2017 AMG line C Class, they were horrible.
Changed them for ordinary Goodyears about four months ago and it transformed the cars ride for the better.
I bought a space saver and jack kit, it takes a lot of boot space though.
Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom