Runaround - advice please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We bought a new facelift 1.4 SE back in 2004.

We still have it now - it's the misses' car.

Only non-maintenance issue with had with it was the compressor clutch needed replacing.

Other than that - nothing in nearly 7 years.

Does late 40s / early 50s to the gallon using petrol and is automatic.

The only downsides are it is a little slow for my liking and there is not enough estate around my legs for me (I am 6'4" and Andrew Flintoff is a similar build to me) but everything else like the build quality, ride quality and handling are great. Honda dealers are generally OK (we've had the odd cockup) but pricing is good.

A lot of old fahrts drive them too so hardly a cool image though!

Yaris....great little car....reliable, very nippy, easy to mantain, extremely economical, comfortable and good safety ratings.

This is one of my all time favourite cars so I may push the budget for it! Looks in great condition. Hope the reliability is strong. I know its an old car, but I want to be able to drive it hassle free (to the extent possible)!

Thanks for this link :thumb:

I've always wanted one too (there's a test drive spread on one in this months Practical Classics). The MK1 convertibles go for less, probably because there are a lot more of these about.

I seem to remember a small resurgence of MK1 convertibles in the mid 90's or was it they just made the MK1 convertible for longer?

I seem to remember a small resurgence of MK1 convertibles in the mid 90's or was it they just made the MK1 convertible for longer?

I think they continued to produce the mk1 convertibles up until the H/J plate John (same as the MK 2's). MK 3's came out on a K.

Last edited:
I Agree £ per fun you would be hard pressed to beat an MX5

I had a 1.8iS one for over 4 years and took it to Europe a few times, ok it had a few mods but on the alpine roads I wouldn't have had any more fun spending lots more money. Didn't miss a beat in the 4 years I owned it. I just wanted to fit a supercharger to it !!

I was looking last night and was almost tempted by a silver Mk1 with a hard top, need brakes and some work for MOT but it was £500 !! hard top would be £200? so what a great car to tinker about with in the garage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom