Runflat Tyre:- rubbing/squeaking noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PLuKE

Car
E220 Premium Plus
Hi

have an issue with tyres

Currently have 20” AMG Line wheels, with GoodyearEagle F1 runflats.

I have noticed that the tyres make a rubbing noise when driving, mainly driving slowly with the window down, you can hear a rubbing noise, which it seems to be the rear tyres. It’s a rotational noise.

I had the tyre in-mounted and re mounted and the noise stopped for 1-2 days but now is back, I even replaced the rear tyres, all be it for part worn GoodyearEagle F1 with 5mm of thread, again the noise stopped and now returned.

Seems to be the runflat tyre bead/wheel rim rubbing on each other oddly.

Has anybody else had this issue?
Edit

Could maybe try turning the volume up on your stereo :D
sorry couldnt resist but no never heard of that before

Could maybe try turning the volume up on your stereo :D
sorry couldnt resist but no never heard of that before

It seems it crops up on the Mini and 1 Series forum.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Same noise as this.
Luke

Oh that really is an annoying noise!

Hi, you ever get this sorted I’ve got same problem with my 20 inch rims and Goodyear eagle run flats.?

Hi, you ever get this sorted I’ve got same problem with my 20 inch rims and Goodyear eagle run flats.?
No, I even purchased new ones. Nothing stopped it, I eventually used a water based lubricant to put on the bead/wheel. Lasted 1 day then came back.

I moved away from the Goodyear and the issues went. I have also had this issue with a 2015 3series on Continental RFT aswell.

No, I even purchased new ones. Nothing stopped it, I eventually used a water based lubricant to put on the bead/wheel. Lasted 1 day then came back.

I moved away from the Goodyear and the issues went. I have also had this issue with a 2015 3series on Continental RFT aswell.
I think that’s what I’ll have to do, it’s only the rear ones that do it and seems like just the o/s tyre mainly, even going over a big speed bump I get this squeak/creak which I’m sure is that tyre, will change the rears to pirelli’s I think in the next few months. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom