Running in 2015 C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poraudi

Car
2015 C63
I hear different views on how to run in a new C63. Looking for some advice please! Also which mode to use or can all modes be used.

I hear different views on how to run in a new C63. Looking for some advice please! Also which mode to use or can all modes be used.

My three week old E63 has a sticker on the windscreen stating the running in instructions, something like 85 m.p.h. max and 4500 r.p.m. max. for the first 1000 miles then slowly increase.

I have always run in new engines, whether a Vauxhall Corsa or the E63, and I just use some common sense - i.e. do not over rev the engine and do not let it labour at low revs in the wrong gear. If on a long run on the motorway I alter the speed from one junction to the next by 10 m.p.h., moving between 50 m.p.h. and 80 m.p.h..

From 1000 miles onwards I do not worry too much, but I am not a fast driver.

I do not really see what difference the mode would make, except the engine will rev higher between gear changes. I have left mine in Comfort, which it seems to default to every time the engine is started, and it still goes like hell if that is what you want.

Last edited:
Many thanks

I will take your advice, have not seen the sticker as due to pick up later this week,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom